You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

21 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm not concerned if they're Labour members or not (some of them definitely used to be) nor whether they call the shots, but they were the ones amongst many others at the forefront of flinging all kinds of bullshit at Corbyn, pretty much all of it false and probably libellous! The fact he hasn't taken the legal route says more about him than that gaggle of cunts!

Right wing? 

58 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm so glad I'm a green party member, I couldn't go back to Labour now, too many right wing cunts calling the shots

20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm not concerned if they're Labour members or not (some of them definitely used to be) nor whether they call the shots, 

"I can't go back to Labour because of the cunts calling the shots... although I don't care whether they're Labour members or whether they're calling the shots."

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I see that that Frances Barber loon is applying to be a Labour party member as she feels able to do so now that Corbyn is no longer leader. 

This move is apparently being championed by the usual suspects on Twitter, despite there being a long record of her making racist, bigotted and foul mouthed and abusive tweets (probably under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol). 

It must be the wrong kind of racism though. The one that many self-proclaimed fighters of racism have continually turned a blind eye to. 

Yes, she’s a woman with a different opinion so she must be a drunk.  I mean, women can’t have opinions now can they? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"I can't go back to Labour because of the cunts calling the shots... although I don't care whether they're Labour members or whether they're calling the shots."

I'm not saying they're the ones calling the shots, they're among the many flinging shit at Corbyn!

The right wing cunts calling the shots I am referring to are the many Anti-Corbyn bellends in the party!

My initial post was poorly formatted and for that I apologise.

Someone has pointed out that she made a vile (now deleted) Islamophobic tweet and she's now claiming that it was a "lefty" setting up a fake account claiming to be her, even though it had a blue tick and there were still loads of viewable, historic replies to the deleted tweet which seem to indicate that the original tweet was from her account. 

But, I'm not surprised that someone is sticking up for her. Peas from a pod, and all that. 

14 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Someone has pointed out that she made a vile (now deleted) Islamophobic tweet and she's now claiming that it was a "lefty" setting up a fake account claiming to be her, even though it had a blue tick and there were still loads of viewable, historic replies to the deleted tweet which seem to indicate that the original tweet was from her account. 

But, I'm not surprised that someone is sticking up for her. Peas from a pod, and all that. 

She seems to be threatening to sue him for libel.  I suppose that should sort it out once and for all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm not concerned if they're Labour members or not (some of them definitely used to be) nor whether they call the shots, but they were the ones amongst many others at the forefront of flinging all kinds of bullshit at Corbyn, pretty much all of it false and probably libellous! The fact he hasn't taken the legal route says more about him than that gaggle of cunts!

Mate, they're bellends, no doubt, but I still don't see how they're connected in any way to Starmer 

Just saw that Caroline Lucas has welcomed Starmer's election and looks forward to working closely with him especially on electoral reform.

If I was in the Green Party I'd be delighted

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Brexit, probably won't be an issue come spring 2024, but people have long memories when it comes to politics. They won't forget that Johnson delivered Brexit and Starmer tried to stop it. 

I agree he has a better pedigree than RLB or Nandy. Neither were anywhere near ready to lead the Labour Party. 

Johnson hasn't delivered Brexit yet has he? I know we're kind of out. But we're not as this transition phase is just like being in but without the voice at the table. And with everything that's happening, there's every chance we'll extend at the end of this year, then who knows what'll happen? People do have long memories. That might also work against Johnson. 

39 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Mate, they're bellends, no doubt, but I still don't see how they're connected in any way to Starmer 

Just saw that Caroline Lucas has welcomed Starmer's election and looks forward to working closely with him especially on electoral reform.

If I was in the Green Party I'd be delighted

Massive pinch of salt for me. I think she'll come to regret that statement down the line when the Labour party is akin to the Democratic party in the US.

I've a lot of time for Caroline, she's an excellent MP.

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

The Ian Dunt cunt is celebrating his win on Twitter. I’m gonna monitor that rat James O’Brien’s timeline closely, and if I see any pro-Starmer tweets from him, then I’m going to cancel my membership.

The gloating, bitching and downright nastiness must be some sort of undercover plan to bring about the "broad church" they've spent the past 3 or 4 years crowing about? Surely?

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The gloating, bitching and downright nastiness must be some sort of undercover plan to bring about the "broad church" they've spent the past 3 or 4 years crowing about? Surely?

I don’t really care either way. They’re both just absolutely vile individuals.

I’m enjoying lots of left wing people throw their toys out the pram over this.

Calling Starmer a Blarite and doing what they decried the moderates doing in shouting abuse and leaving the party. Brilliant.

I thought Corbyn was useless and the Brexit campaign justified this, but I still stayed in the party and actively became more involved in my CLP during his time. I didn’t see my arse because of the leadership I just dug in more.

Im not asking for a thank you here, but if you threaten to leave or are leaving then you’re not committed to Labour in any respect and you don’t deserve to be apart of this great party.

So to sum up, if you don’t like Keir Starmer and threatening to leave despite his commanding majority when you’ve spent the last few years sneering at moderates doing the same. Then piss off and leave this party to people who actually give a shit about the values of the Labour Party. 

And yes I did say this to moderates who left under Corbyn and are now coming back.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Calling Starmer a Blarite and doing what they decried the moderates doing in shouting abuse and leaving the party. Brilliant.

I thought Corbyn was useless and the Brexit campaign justified this, but I still stayed in the party and actively became more involved in my CLP during his time. I didn’t see my arse because of the leadership I just dug in more.

Im not asking for a thank you here, but if you threaten to leave or are leaving then you’re not committed to Labour in any respect and you don’t deserve to be apart of this great party.

So to sum up, if you don’t like Keir Starmer and threatening to leave despite his commanding majority when you’ve spent the last few years sneering at moderates doing the same. Then piss off and leave this party to people who actually give a shit about the values of the Labour Party. 

And yes I did say this to moderates who left under Corbyn and are now coming back.

MFCYmEd.gif

9 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

I was just messing around with the gif, I think that's cool though.

4 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Yeah I thought the same today actually. They are not even giving him a chance?

Corbyn and McDonnell may no longer be on the front bench but they are still Labour MPs. I could understand it if they'd been forced out of the party but they are stepping down and the membership has made its choice to replace the leader.

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah I thought the same today actually. They are not even giving him a chance?

Corbyn and McDonnell may no longer be on the front bench but they are still Labour MPs. I could understand it if they'd been forced out of the party but they are stepping down and the membership has made its choice to replace the leader.

It’s hypocrisy in its purest form with added delusion.

18 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Does this also apply to the swathes of MPs that refused to serve in the shadow cabinet and took part in the chicken coup? The ones that endlessly briefed against and undermined the twice-democratically elected leader, apparently because he had the audacity to propose social democratic policies? The slimy careerists that fucked off and formed their own party, then tried to crawl into the Lib Dems once they realised they'd fucked themselves over?

I'm quite happy that Starmer has been elected as hopefully the party can all start pulling together in the same direction, but don't pretend that the last 4 years has exactly covered the Blairite rump in glory, they've been an utter fucking disgrace for the most part.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, aRdja said:

The Ian Dunt cunt is celebrating Starmer’s win on Twitter. I’m gonna monitor that rat James O’Brien’s timeline closely, and if I see any pro-Starmer tweets from him, then I’m going to cancel my membership.

Did you stop supporting a certain team in red when a certain Spanish manager was sacked for an Owl? 

Can you not see the idiotic nature of your post? 

You don’t support or join a political party for its leader you join for its ideals and principles.

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Does this also apply to the swathes of MPs that refused to serve in the shadow cabinet and took part in the chicken coup? The ones that endlessly briefed against and undermined the twice-democratically elected leader, apparently because he had the audacity to propose social democratic policies? The slimy careerists that fucked off and formed their own party, then tried to crawl into the Lib Dems once they realised they'd fucked themselves over?

I'm quite happy that Starmer has been elected as hopefully the party can all start pulling together in the same direction, but don't pretend that the last 4 years has exactly covered the Blairite rump in glory, they've been an utter fucking disgrace for the most part.

Read the last sentence of my post and you’ll have the answers you require.

2 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Did you stop supporting a certain team in red when a certain Spanish manager was sacked for an Owl? 

Can you not see the idiotic nature of your post? 

You don’t support or join a political party for its leader you join for its ideals and principles.

I wasn’t being entirely serious. I just wanted to have a go at those two vermins.

Just now, Walter Sobchak said:

Read the last sentence of my post and you’ll have the answers you require.

That one? I'd agree totally. It's a real shame that a very influential set of people didn't apply the same during Corbyn's period as leader.

I feel the same as I have for weeks. It’s all just a bit ‘meh’ and uninspiring and all there is to do is wait and see what happens when some sort of normality returns. All I know is the people in my branch are the same people they were last year and nobody’s fucking off just yet. Obviously waiting on developments with Galloway and whatnot. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I feel the same as I have for weeks. It’s all just a bit ‘meh’ and uninspiring and all there is to do is wait and see what happens when some sort of normality returns. All I know is the people in my branch are the same people they were last year and nobody’s fucking off just yet. Obviously waiting on developments with Galloway and whatnot. 

Game changer that. I've been waiting for a cat people's army for decades.

• Upvote 1