You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, I know. But it probably depends on the scandal. If there was a metoo thing or something like that, he could be in a spot of trouble. Although that cunt Patel looks like she's going to wriggle out of bullying. 

Edit...and of course my point is I was hoping we might see something in this labour leadership election to bring some hope, but it's looking so desperate he needs to self harm to give labour a chance. 

Dude, just in the last 12 months:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49877508

9 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

The 1st one was never going to be anything unless his bird complained and she didn't. 

As for the 2nd, I'd never even heard about that one! If that's getting brushed under the carpet it all will. 

So we definitely need a leader better than any of this lot. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

The 1st one was never going to be anything unless his bird complained and she didn't. 

As for the 2nd, I'd never even heard about that one! If that's getting brushed under the carpet it all will. 

So we definitely need a leader better than any of this lot. 

I mean, I'd say an actual recording of a woman screaming "get off me" during a row with a male politician is quite significant on its own, or at least should be.

As for the leadership candidates, if you're saying none are an unstoppable force of charisma, then I tend to agree, but if we're at the point where that's what's required, then we're in pretty bad shape.

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

I mean, I'd say an actual recording of a woman screaming "get off me" during a row with a male politician is quite significant on its own, or at least should be.

As for the leadership candidates, if you're saying none are an unstoppable force of charisma, then I tend to agree, but if we're at the point where that's what's required, then we're in pretty bad shape.

We are in bad shape. Unfortunately it's what most of the electorate like. 

Just put Andrew Neil on and missed Starmer and the first bit of the Long-Bailey interview but she’s just been absolutely eviscerated about saying she worked for the NHS as a solicitor when she actually worked for a private firm drawing up PFI contracts in the NHS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My gut feeling is that none of the candidates are electable. I really don't see Sir Keir as the man to win back the working class voters that Labour need, and they could lose the youth support as well now. Personally I will support the party as long as they continue to pursue the same policies as the last two elections.