You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

Just now, cloggypop said:

You'd best worry SD is out of negs or you are fucking for it. 

Heh, couldn't care less. When I first started on here, I negged some crap he'd posted. He responded by negging something I'd posted about 5 months earlier, seemingly at random because he couldn't find anything else. Strange, strange fella.

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Heh, couldn't care less. When I first started on here, I negged some crap he'd posted. He responded by negging something I'd posted about 5 months earlier, seemingly at random because he couldn't find anything else. Strange, strange fella.

Its called paranoid arrogance. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

To be fair, this isn't the Lib Dem thread.

Well done, you got there eventually. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

We should probably move over there to post about covering up big fat nonces. 

I think you want the Didn't Happen of the Year Awards thread for that one.

34 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ah, hey now, they went all in with the Tories in 2010. Saved Britain from becoming Greece, so they did, that's why they're so popular these days. They paved the way for 10 fucking years of austerity and counting, and helped force an election for petty party advantage which ended up delivering Johnson, a skip load of dead squirrels and a hard right Brexit, but never mind.

He is that right about things that he came last in the Liscard MP election. Last. 

Although he does say a few things right. Its just the hypocrisy and lack of honesty thats annoying. 

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Competence, intelligence, coherence, fewer skeletons in the closet, take your pick. Not sure he'll win the next election, but I'd put my house on Labour ending up with more MPs next time.

It won't matter. By the time the next election comes round he will be Anti Brexit Stammering Starmer. He has no charisma. He will lose a lot of the youth vote and the membership will decrease also. 

in politics people don't forget and forgive easily. It's the reason why your party are barely making up the numbers anymore.

Even if/when Brexit becomes a total disaster the leave voting seats won't care because they will stick by the man that got them out. They aren't going to forget pro second referendum Starmer!

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Most people voted for parties offering a second referendum, of course. Once again our abortion of an electoral system delivered the opposite of what people voted for. 

By this logic 80% of people voted for parties to respect the referendum result in 2017 so we should never have got in to a position where a second referendum was  even an option.

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats not true. 

Erm, yes it is. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_referendum_on_the_Brexit_withdrawal_agreement

The most widely discussed proposal was a referendum between "Remain" and "Accept the deal", promoted by the People's Vote pressure group. This was the official position of the Liberal Democrats, the Green Party of England and Wales, Plaid Cymru and the Scottish National Party. The Labour Party also adopted this position in September 2019.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Erm, yes it is. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_referendum_on_the_Brexit_withdrawal_agreement

The most widely discussed proposal was a referendum between "Remain" and "Accept the deal", promoted by the People's Vote pressure group. This was the official position of the Liberal Democrats, the Green Party of England and Wales, Plaid Cymru and the Scottish National Party. The Labour Party also adopted this position in September 2019.

2019. God you are thick. 

I've got to say, I'm hating this election campaign. I'm not feeling energised by any of the candidates for either the leader or deputy leader. They're all so busy trying to avoid any part they had in the election defeat, how to not want to piss off this seemingly new thing everyone is calling the "Corbyn wing", while also trying to not sound too much like Corbyn, it's just a disaster - and the odd candidate like burgon who is right behind what's gone on the last few years, seems to almost think the world is rosey because labour didn't get smashed in 2017.

It feels like everything labour did over Brexit. Twist and turn and hope that nobody realises the complete lack of substance. I don't see any of the 3 going for leader having the capability of turning around the electorate to get this shower of cunts out of office. Over the last few days all the shite is coming through ready to vote, each of the candidates chasing you down by text to see which way you'll vote. I just have no idea who to vote for, because I don't think any of them has a hope in hell of getting rid of Johnson. The only way he's going to go is if some big scandal comes out from the past and I suspect if that was going to happen, it would have already happened. 

42 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Burgon is a fucking buffoon. How anyone could vote for him to press the button on a pedestrian crossing is incredible. 

I hear that he's approachable and personable and has taken the time to meet a lot of members. I personally wouldn't pick him to run a whelk stall, but it must go some way to explaining his popularity.

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I hear that he's approachable and personable and has taken the time to meet a lot of members. I personally wouldn't pick him to run a whelk stall, but it must go some way to explaining his popularity.

He’s absolutely shocking.  What did he do in real life before he took up politics? He’s as

dumb as a box of rocks.   

Edit: Lawyer, apparently.  Christ. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Burgon is a fucking buffoon. How anyone could vote for him to press the button on a pedestrian crossing is incredible. 

Absolutely spot-on with what he says here.

And a commitment to supporting the members and supporting the democratically elected leader makes him a million times better than the anti-Labour cunt he is hoping to replace.

(And the fact that a Tory dislikes him really doesn't diminish my opinion of him.)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/richard-burgon-labour-leadership-deputy-corbyn-andrew-marr-interview-latest-a9367031.html

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Duff Man said:

It's hard to think of a politician with a more scandal-ridden record than Johnson. If you think one more is going to finish him off, then get ready to be disappointed.

Yeah, I know. But it probably depends on the scandal. If there was a metoo thing or something like that, he could be in a spot of trouble. Although that cunt Patel looks like she's going to wriggle out of bullying. 

Edit...and of course my point is I was hoping we might see something in this labour leadership election to bring some hope, but it's looking so desperate he needs to self harm to give labour a chance. 

I think you are too pessimistic. Maybe not in 2024, but by 2029 people will be tired of Conservatives no matter how they do and will vote them out, if Brexit is a disaster probably in 2024. All Labour needs to do is hope FPTP stays and high degree of unity in the party is maintained whilst waiting for this to happen.