You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

On 08/01/2020 at 15:17, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Could see Phillips seeing the writing on the wall fairly early and stepping down to fall behind Starmer.

Rumoured to be pulling out of the race today.

I saw she said this week she was going to stop appearing Prime Ministerial (?!) just to try and win, instead going back to being honest.

Getting ahead of not having enough nominations to restate her position as uniquely genuine truth-teller extraordinaire, who can’t with all conscience stay involved given how the leadership race is proceeding, incoming.

42 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Rumoured to be pulling out of the race today.

I saw she said this week she was going to stop appearing Prime Ministerial (?!) just to try and win, instead going back to being honest.

Getting ahead of not having enough nominations to restate her position as uniquely genuine truth-teller extraordinaire, who can’t with all conscience stay involved given how the leadership race is proceeding, incoming.

Someone described her on Twitter as the primary school bully who moves up to senior school and quickly realises she isn't in Kansas anymore. 

On 20/01/2020 at 16:26, Red Phoenix said:

Things not to talk about during campaign :

Smear campaigns,

Blairites,

Israel,

Israeli Embassy, LFI, JLM, The Lobby from Al Jazeera,

Voting reform,

Open selection,

Rigged BBC,

Corrupt UK intel agencies,

NATO,

EU corruption,

Western backed coups,

and so on.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/01/21/five-more-things-we-discovered-about-labour-member

Interesting , if a bit contradictory , musings from the YouGov poll of 1005 Labour members that gave Starmer the 63% lead at the weekend.

Corbyn very popular even though Phillips is noted as the highest-rated of the five candidates ?

You Gov , You Goving, with the attack on Momentum while ignoring the fact that it is far more popular than Labour First . Progress and LFI in the table provided.

I think this Labour leadership malarkey is due to go on far too long , and not sure why the Lib Dems are not expecting a new leader until July.

Lisa Nandy is an odd one , generally centrist but voted for an inquiry into the Iraq War and having a go at Blair and Brown.again this morning ( as well as an even bigger cunt , Piers Morgan ). Speaking with a bit of positivity about Corbyn but was a main instigator in the Chicken coup and ran Owen Whatshisface's campaign. May well be just looking to widen her voting base ?

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think this Labour leadership malarkey is due to go on far too long , and not sure why the Lib Dems are not expecting a new leader until July.

Lisa Nandy is an odd one , generally centrist but voted for an inquiry into the Iraq War and having a go at Blair and Brown.again this morning ( as well as an even bigger cunt , Piers Morgan ). Speaking with a bit of positivity about Corbyn but was a main instigator in the Chicken coup and ran Owen Whatshisface's campaign. May well be just looking to widen her voting base ?

It was the same after the 2010 election- months spent on a leadership contest while the coalition ran their austerity propaganda unchallenged. By the time Miliband was elected, the die was cast- if you opposed cuts you were a deficit denier and There Was No Alternative other than to slash at the public sector.

I know it's important to get it right, but surely 4-6 weeks is more than enough for it?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Calling the Lib Dems the Lib 'Dumbs' is akin to opposition fans saying stuff like 'Klanfield', 'LiVARpool', 'Jurgen Flopp', etc. I'd recommend not doing that. 

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Painful fucking tedium.

Oh fucking bite me! Any other rules I should be abiding by?

I didn't realise I was in a Paris salon in the 1920's!

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Oh fucking bite me! Any other rules I should be abiding by?

I didn't realise I was in a Paris salon in the 1920's!

Rules? It was clearly just advice. I think it sounds childish and silly. If you want to keep on doing it, knock yourself out.