You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Both.

As a non-practicing Christian certainly there are "ethnic" elements in my life that would be equal to any Jewish "ethnic" elements in a non practicing Jews life right?

I mean I love Easter -- do all that stuff - who doesn't color Easter eggs?

Christmas is a great time too - we cook the Seven Fishes and sing carols.

The Florida branch of The Boston Celtics!

22 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

She's a Catholic, so you don't really expect any better, but I'm sure she'll come in for just as much criticism on here as Tim Farron did for his non-homophobic views...

I don’t see what’s wrong with this. Catholic’s are massively against abortion. I mean, the pope wanks on about it almost as often as he wanks off kids.  And that’s pretty often. 

older readers will remember catholic aid agencies threatening to stop all aid to Yugoslavia if the women held in rape camps were offered abortions. Then covering up the systematic rape of children and enslavement of women.  Cunts. 

"He has never worked a day in his life"

"He is an Orthodox Jew so you don't really expect any better"

If that conversation happened on this forum SD would go fucking ballistic. 

As I have said, I actually agree with the sentiment. The Catholic stance on many things especially abortion is disgraceful. Thats not the issue here though. 

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

Roman Catholicism must be the baddest form of religion ever. Hopefully one day people will be as proud to announce that they are Catholics as they would be to admit to having Gary Glitter records or having met Jimmy Saville.

Yet Protestants have probably murdered and pillaged more people than any religion in the world. 

Michelle was talking about you when she told her band camp story about where she stuck her flute wasn't she mate 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet Protestants have probably murdered and pillaged more people than any religion in the world. 

Michelle was talking about you when she told her band camp story about where she stuck her flute wasn't she mate 

I dont know where you get those ideas from, oh yeah, what aboutery.

You want a united Ireland, if the Roman Catholic church had fucked off you'd have had it years ago.

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

I dont know where you get those ideas from, oh yeah, what aboutery.

You want a united Ireland, if the Roman Catholic church had fucked off you'd have had it years ago.

Well lets start with the crusades, we can also talk about the holocaust. I could go on and on and on. But yeah "what aboutery" 

I can't stand the Roman Catholic church. 

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"He has never worked a day in his life"

"He is an Orthodox Jew so you don't really expect any better"

If that conversation happened on this forum SD would go fucking ballistic. 

Erm, no. That's demonstrably untrue. Exhibit A:

On 17/11/2019 at 18:16, Strontium Dog™ said:

Ultra-Orthodox Jews are religious zealots, so yes, they are nutters who think there is one rule for them and another for everyone else.

Ideology, belief, opinions, politics etc - these are all valid targets for criticism.

Heritage, race, ethnicity etc - these are off-limits.

This really is devastatingly simple.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don’t think that’s right.  They’ve only been around a few hundred years, others have a few centuries head start. 

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well lets start with the crusades, we can also talk about the holocaust. I could go on and on and on. But yeah "what aboutery" 

I can't stand the Roman Catholic church. 

The crusades were organised by the Roman Catholic church and Hitler was a roman catholic, go on, go on and on.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I clearly did.