You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Bazza's gonna run and he's gonna fucking storm it. He's gonna get our lad Clive and do this to him to start his campaign off :

oULW5ze.gif

Have flipped on this now after reading about some of Gardiner's voting history I think, would maybe be fine with Clivo doing it to him instead. Mainly just wanted to post the Legion of Doom gif anyway, thought they were ace as a kid.

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

What are their xG per 90 though?

Fuck knows, haven't the club released any stats yet? We're supposed to be good at this. Maybe that's one good way of looking at it? Starmer is so far to the right because he's spending most of his time in the oppositions half, good attacker? RLB has been trying to learn from Virgil.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Running out of MPs now Lewis and Thornberry unless the remaining ones back them to ensure a wider ballot.

Was going to say it's fucking stupid that Starmer is still getting support when he's clearly already got through. Was thinking others should spread their nominations around so things are more varied. But when thinking of where Starmer is getting votes from looking at that heat map it's not surprising, especially after what happened when they added Corbyn last time to "widen the debate" or whatever shit.

At this point I really want Lewis to get through so he can keep pushing with his arguments on our voting system and democracy within Labour. If he can, the others at least have to make some comments on it if he keeps talking about it instead of being silent.

RLB should already be doing this. No idea why she isn't, or she has and I've missed it.

21 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

Well well even the IMF are calling for taxing the rich and greater spending on social programs. They acknowledge higher taxes at the top end don't damage the economy. Puts some posters on here and some Labour MPs to the right of the IMF. 

Any chance of naming them, because I don't recognise that description of anyone. 

19 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Any chance of naming them, because I don't recognise that description of anyone. 

I don’t keep a list but last time I checked modest increases proposed by Labour to Income tax and Corporation tax were a redline for some on here. It was as much an observation on the IMF and where they are now as those defending that position. 

3 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

I don’t keep a list but last time I checked modest increases proposed by Labour to Income tax and Corporation tax were a redline for some on here. It was as much an observation on the IMF and where they are now as those defending that position. 

So it wasn't what you claimed, that people here were opposed to extra taxes on the wealthy, but actually that they were opposed to Labour's plans, specifically. Glad we've cleared that up.