You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Fucking hell. So back to my point, let's vote for someone who has a chance of being prime minister and jettison her as far from the front bench as possible. 

100%. No wonder people who don’t support Labour want her to lead the party.

1 minute ago, A Red said:

All these inefficient big companies making millions and billions of profit 

They do make bundles. And part of the reason is they have great accountants who allow them to pay minimal tax compare to the small and medium sized enterprises. They don't all make loads though. Take your Tesco's as an example, they lost 5 or 6bn only a few years ago, they've turned that round since then but profits are only about 1bn I think on over 50 or so bn in turnover. 

25 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I do loads with telcos. I would say all the major global players are utter shite, BT, Verizon, Telstra, centrurylink/level3, gtt, colt, Tata, Voda, Telefonica I could go on. The only decent ones I've come across are niche players like EU or a whole bunch of smaller "virtuals" who hide away the pain of the big carriers and tend to be very customer focused, but there's often less than 100 of them globally providing the service. 

Is that B2B?  That’s the only interaction I’ve had.  

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They do make bundles. And part of the reason is they have great accountants who allow them to pay minimal tax compare to the small and medium sized enterprises. They don't all make loads though. Take your Tesco's as an example, they lost 5 or 6bn only a few years ago, they've turned that round since then but profits are only about 1bn I think on over 50 or so bn in turnover. 

To be fair my Tescos example was a mild piss take on you dealing with loads of big companies on a professional basis and me doing my shopping on a Friday. Even that wasnt right cos my mrs deals with such matters and tends to go to Lidl now.

14 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Why is Jess Phillips wasting our time. Imagine being Neil Coyle spending the last few years slagging off Corbyn and throwing your weight behind this Murdoch groupie. I think somone once described her as acting as a caricature of the working class. 

Well she didn't grow up in a mansion in Shropshire, did she.

7 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

What’s the score now in the great and utterly fresh Jeremy Corbyn oneupmanship contest on here?

I lost count around 2015, are you still winning?

The only way to win is to not take part.

But I was more defending Phillips here than anything else. She seems pretty genuine to me.

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

But I was more defending Phillips here than anything else. She seems pretty genuine to me.

Fair enough. Disagree with that view strongly, personally. I think she seems extremely contrived and find the constant self-referencing a huge give away in that regard.

Glad Nandy is running and has made a half decent pitch. I think Nandy will do much better than people expect if she can get enough nominations. We need these pro-remain candidates to be challenged on where they stand on Europe and for them to make a pledge that we won't become a rejoin party in this parliament. Id like to see her challenge Starmer and Thornberry on what part they played in influencing Corbyns Brexit stance.