You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't think that Corbyn is willing to get involved in discussions with the media about his successor... 

I wish I could say I’m surprised that these pond scum are still doorstepping him, but I’m really not 

• Upvote 1

Just now, moof said:

I wish I could say I’m surprised that these pond scum are still doorstepping him, but I’m really not 

Read something on Twitter last night saying that people aren't happy with the election defeat, that they now want to break the man too. It seems that way. He should step down asap for his own wellbeing. 

That door slam at the end was boss. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Read something on Twitter last night saying that people aren't happy with the election defeat, that they now want to break the man too. It seems that way. He should step down asap for his own wellbeing. 

That door slam at the end was boss. 

I agree, he needs to look after himself. The toll this entire thing must have taken a toll. 

17 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Clive Lewis has entered the leadership race. 

My left of preference. I guess I feel about Clive Lewis the way @moof feels about Kier Starmer; not somebody I'm mega-convinced by, but would likely get behind him to be more electable than the likes of RBL and a couple of the others (like Thornberry and Burgon). 

On 19/12/2019 at 14:32, viRdjil said:

The biggest driver behind those wanting Brexit is they’re against immigrants and free movements, and I don’t think the best way to persuade them to now vote for the party is for the members to select the son of a West Indian immigrant as the leader of the party. 

I'm not sure I agree with that. The brexiters I know all seem pretty racist to me, but they all claim they're not. Voting for a black bloke down the line would be perfect proof that they're not racist, it's like the feela who says he's not racist because he's got a black mate. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. The brexiters I know all seem pretty racist to me, but they all claim they're not. Voting for a black bloke down the line would be perfect proof that they're not racist, it's like the feela who says he's not racist because he's got a black mate. 

Was interesting to note that it appears by far the most complained about TV moment of 2019 was John Snow suggesting the Brexit march was predominantly white. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/12/2019 at 14:40, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't think that Corbyn is willing to get involved in discussions with the media about his successor... 

Absolute fucking state of that horrible cunt.

It's well over 4 years since Corbyn announced that, out of respect for his neighbours, he won't answer any media questions outside his house. He's been good to his word. But shitcunts like that still think that harassment is part of their job.

Should have backed over his foot.

On 19/12/2019 at 18:13, Rico1304 said:

Owen Jones seems to be turning on him now.  Et tu...

Yet again, I've wasted time on one of your unsubstantiated posts. (In this case, I've spent time trawling Jones's recent tweets, which did link me to his frank and thoughtful post-election Guardian piece - which clearly doesn’t "turn on" anyone.)

Do you see why I'm trying to get into the habit of asking you to link to evidence? If you just make shit up, you deserve to be ignored. 

• Upvote 1