You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Jo Swinson remain as Lib Dem leader?

Nelly-Szoboszlai

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Know nothing about her , but she sounds very interesting from your piece. Why did she not stand in the Swinson / Davey election ?

Because it came out that a few years ago, she slapped her ex-partner during a somewhat heated discussion. Not something that bothers me in the slightest, but at the time she was campaigning against domestic violence, so it wasn't the greatest look.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because it came out that a few years ago, she slapped her ex-partner during a somewhat heated discussion. Not something that bothers me in the slightest, but at the time she was campaigning against domestic violence, so it wasn't the greatest look.

Did she weigh 126kg when she hit him? Because that's a frightening thought...

I quite fancy Layla too. She is probably an almighty prick but nothing matters anymore. 

I'm probably the worlds worst for hammering SD about the libs on here but its unfair if this is a thread just to get a rise out of him. A simple neg normally suffices. 

Swinson was screwed the second she opened her mouth. Completely out of her depth and with far too much Tory baggage to ever be taken seriously. 

Ed Davey is deputy leader, I assume he will take over at least temporary. I don't know if their rules give him the top job automatically.  

Problem for Ed is he is also linked with 2010 to 2015.

Ironic the LD are getting shafted for their part in austerity but the Tories are not.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Nobody puts vote share ahead of gaining seats, but it's kind of important to gain votes if you want to gain seats, it's sort of elementary to the whole election thing. Unfortunately we've dipped out in quite a few seats by a very small amount.

The biggest problem we faced in many places was winning over Tory waverers because they were so scared of a Corbyn government.

“The Lib Dem’s abject failure was corbyn’s fault.”

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Young mothers in tears is an odd fetish, but I commend you for sharing with the group.

I hope she's crying incessantly for days. Might bring her some humility and then she can possibly start being a real mother to her children instead of concentrating on herself and herself alone.