aRdja

Takumi Minamino

Think it’s getting overstated how he played against palace he took the goal he scored well and did alright other than that.

seems very light weight to me in saying that I’d start him ahead of Bobby as Bobby is just stinking the place out at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Think it’s getting overstated how he played against palace he took the goal he scored well and did alright other than that.

seems very light weight to me in saying that I’d start him ahead of Bobby as Bobby is just stinking the place out at the moment. 

Here's the thing though, he played a good part in a 0-7 win, scored and he's barely had a sniff since. We're struggling for goals and klopp doesn't want to turn to him. There must be a reason for that, but I don't see how these fringe players fit in if they can't even get a go when we're playing badly. He's clearly struggled a bit since getting here, but if he can't contribute, let's just get him sold and get in someone who can. We seem to have a lot of players who offer is little to nothing. 

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Klopp has been incredibly loyal to his starting players throughout his entire time here. Even when he first joined and most of them were fucking shite.

Thing is the results & performance have mostly gone in a positive direction, so it's easier to do. I would guess this is our worst run of form since he's been here, certainly since his 1st summer. If you're a fringe player you have to wonder when you'll get your real chance if you've done as he has, which is play, score in a big win and then not get a sniff in a really bad run. I'm not saying he should be in the team either, I am just trying to put myself in the position of the player. 

On 18/01/2021 at 17:35, Mark M said:

The two games he's been involved in (Palace and Villa) Liverpool have scored 11 goals. Maybe that's coincidence but he scored the opener against Palace and assisted a goal against Villa. Nothing overstated about that.

Whether that would have continued if he had been selected to play against the dross that we drew against, we'll never know as he wasn't selected. All we know is the players who were selected against those teams have scored 1 goal against the dross.

What is the worst that can happen if the players are selected? They don't win? We're not winning anyway. All the players need to own up to what is going on but give them all a chance rather than keep playing the same players/formation when it's obvious it isn't working right now.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Liverpool forward Takumi Minamino has withdrawn from Japan's squad due to an arrangement over agreed playing time.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/takumi-minamino-withdrawal-explained-liverpool-20799926

Cheers! I need to increase my Echo reading from never to once in a while

4 minutes ago, Sandman40 said:

Cheers! I need to increase my Echo reading from never to once in a while

I don't know how you manage without the cutting edge reporting of how our kids or permacrocks recovering are gonna save us millions, and of course things only scousers say or do...

'Playing time' seems an odd excuse to me to remove the lad from the international squad when he cant play any league football until August! Despite the comments in the Echo, I reckon something is afoot regarding a move from Liverpool.