Quantcast
Takumi Minamino - Page 23 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Takumi Minamino

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

They played a 4231 counter attacking game and he played in the middle of the 3 behind Haaland. There is absolutely no role like that at Liverpool.

Agree on using that as an excuse for other signings, but the versatile ones (Milner, Gini, Mane, etc) are usually big, strong and super fit. Again, he has none of this.

Nah, if you look at Transfermarkt and sources like that, they played mostly 4-4-2/4 triple 2, either the normal kind or in a diamond (they call it 4-3-1-2). And his most played position was on the right and then the middle like you said, but they tried him out in a bunch of positions.

So I don't think you can say well, he's a #10 and we've never played him there so that explains part of why he's bad. He's played in loads of other positions throughout his career. And Salzburg do have a pretty similar style to us in terms of pressing and intensity, that's pretty well documented. The style and position shouldn't really be an issue. He's just not been good on the pitch for whatever reason. 

Maybe he'd be fine in a counter-attacking side like Spurs,Villa or Leicester where he'd be getting quite a lot of the ball in space and with time. From what we've seen, he's just not big, skilful or fast enough to pick his way through a packed defence. 

• Upvote 1

Very average player signed for a very average price tag. Probably the poorest outfield player signed during the Klopp era. Ordinarily serves a marketing purpose & as FA/League Cup filler; unfortunately these are not ordinary times. Usually he wouldn’t be near the league or CL match squads.

I dont think hes that bad technically,but he struggles physically and seems to not make good decisions quickly. I think there is a good player there but Jota has shown what spending good money gets you.

He’s been a big disappointment.

I think he’s technically quite good, and his movement and workrate is very good. Also got a decent shot in him.

But so far seems to just lack that last bit of speed, both in head and feet. And is far too easlily brushed off the ball, I think Bissouma just went and picked it off him about 5 times yesterday. 

A very gifted and hard working footballer obviously, but right now I dont see him having what it takes to make it at the very highest level. Hope he proves me wrong.

• Upvote 2

Really wanted him to succeed here but I think he's had his chances now. If everyone was fully fit he'd be what, sixth choice for a place in the front three, eighth choice as a midfielder? He seems to lack physicality as well as a bit of confidence, doesn't protect the ball well enough when he's pressed and can't really go past an opponent.

It's a shame we've never seen the player who gave us the runaround in that Salzburg game, didn't seem to have any problems with confidence that night.

It’s hard for him as our front 3/4 are very good it’s difficult to expect him to come in and do the business when he’s scratching around for minutes or playing in teams full of reserves. When he he played well it’s usually against teams we’d expect to beat but hasn’t shown enough against teams in the league or latter stages of the CL which is where we need him to be able to come in. 

He’s better than origi and at least fit unlike Shaq or chamberlain, I’d sell him in the summer as you’d get a similar level output from a talented academy player.

He reminds me of Lallana in that there is definitely a player in there but you're at a loss where to play him without completely changing our system. He isn't a CM but he isn't a 9/winger either and you can't waste him in a 10 role because we don't have the legs in midfield. Tough one. 

4 hours ago, Mook said:
On 29/11/2020 at 22:15, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He’s been a big disappointment.

I think he’s technically quite good, and his movement and workrate is very good. Also got a decent shot in him.

But so far seems to just lack that last bit of speed, both in head and feet. And is far too easlily brushed off the ball, I think Bissouma just went and picked it off him about 5 times yesterday. 

A very gifted and hard working footballer obviously, but right now I dont see him having what it takes to make it at the very highest level. Hope he proves me wrong.

You had me at ‘big disappointment’

On 30/11/2020 at 10:14, Bjornebye said:

He reminds me of Lallana in that there is definitely a player in there but you're at a loss where to play him without completely changing our system. He isn't a CM but he isn't a 9/winger either and you can't waste him in a 10 role because we don't have the legs in midfield. Tough one. 

Lallana was our best player for a year !

• Upvote 1

Never seen a player quite like him.

He's almost absolutely brilliant, but instead he's utter crap. His pass is always amazing vision, but juuuuust a tiny bit too strong and it runs out of play. Or else he's completely on the wrong wavelength and he spins in behind for a great run right as the midfielder expects him to come short, or vice versa.

He's like 3% from being Iniesta but that 3% missing makes him into a crap version of Benayoun.

Part of me thinks there's a chance Klopp can, through training, get him on the same page with everyone else and he will be brilliant. Another part of me thinks that he might just be a flop.

• Upvote 1

Inferior Benayoun is probably a fair tag. Was being out-muscled by kids at times last night. His lack of pace & physicality is a pretty fundamental problem. Probably bottom of the selection pile if all are fit. Would far rather have Shaqiri playing.

• Upvote 3