Quantcast
Takumi Minamino - Page 21 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Takumi Minamino

14 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Speaking as someone who watch the game in full yesterday, I don't see what the fuss is about. 

He was ok, it was Blackpool, he was as guilty as anyone for being inferior to Blackpool in that first half.  They then put out their ressies, he scores, so what? So did Van Den Berg and Elliott.  In fact, Elliott was the pick of the subs, scoring 1, assisting another, and key part in another goal.  Ran his bollocks off.

Overall though, Keita was clearly MOTM.

Am sure Taki will be a decent signing, but come on. 

Jones was our best sub mate.

36 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Hipster's choice there mate. 

Jones will be playing for Derby County within 3 years. 

Bollocks

He looked quite tentative last season, in pre-season he's looked far sharper in terms of taking on a shot. Regularly hitting the target, they've often caused trouble even when he hasn't found the net. That's what I want to see for the times when sides try to camp out against us. 

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Oh you are taking the piss. My bad.

Rightly or wrongly, a lot is going to rest on his shoulders this season, as the mythical 4th forward. 

It's easy to forget that his settling in period was a bit of a shitshow. That said, his preseason form suggests he may have put that behind him. Here's hoping!

On 07/09/2020 at 19:09, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That’s a terrible take. No guarantee with kids coming through but Jones has shown all you could want to see from a kid in every game he’s played for the first team so far.

he’s come into the side Witt the same swagger and belief that we saw from fowler, Owen and Gerrard when they first broke through and looks more like a sure bet to make it than Trent (who I thought would be class when I saw him in the reserves) did initially.

He's not going to make it here, is he?

Decent player, but for some reason his only opportunities come when several others need a rest. Rather than slotting into a starting eleven of quality as an understudy, he finds himself sitting in front of makeshift midfields, and tethered to Origi like a swimmer to a concrete block. It's the perfect recipe for a disjointed performance.

His body language when he's subbed speaks volumes.

11 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's not going to make it here, is he?

Decent player, but for some reason his only opportunities come when several others need a rest. Rather than slotting into a starting eleven of quality as an understudy, he finds himself sitting in front of makeshift midfields, and tethered to Origi like a swimmer to a concrete block. It's the perfect recipe for a disjointed performance.

His body language when he's subbed speaks volumes.

Well he has the benefit over Naby in that he doesnt seem to get injuries much. Like you say it must be hard coming in and playing when some of the other best players are rested. There again, you've got to grasp the opportunity with both hands.

I think he has time on his side but at the moment, he seems destined to be more of a squad player rather than first option. As I said in another post, Jota is going to be the one to displace Bobby, not Taki by the look of things.

He's got Firmino syndrome. You can see he's asked to play the same way and it's just a thankless job in our team. He wasn't a #10 tonight, he was the central striker, like Firmino.

I feel a bit sorry for the lad...hardly gets any time on the park and when he does he is asked to play different roles.

Something that sadly has been true of other fringe players like Origi, Oxlade and Lallana in past and they too have struggled with it.

I don't see how Minamino can dig himself out of this hole. The whole team had nothing to write home today but Taki struggled more than most, if not the most -- against very meh opposition. I don't see him getting many chances to impress after this showing. Klopp's patience may be infinite, but he had also shown he had no hesitation cutting loose a lost cause. 

He looked out of his depth tonight. Always a step behind. I think his issue is he’s come to a new league and doesn’t get regular games. I’ve always been a supporter of buying PL proven players. Let them go to the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and once they prove they could handle the demands of the league, then we pay the premium to get them. Like we do with Mane, Gini, Virge, Jota, etc. 

25 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He looked out of his depth tonight. Always a step behind. I think his issue is he’s come to a new league and doesn’t get regular games. I’ve always been a supporter of buying PL proven players. Let them go to the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and once they prove they could handle the demands of the league, then we pay the premium to get them. Like we do with Mane, Gini, Virge, Jota, etc. 

“Always been” is probably not the truth. Over the past 4-5 years would be more accurate I’d say. 

Play him with Mane and Salah wide and a balanced midfield and he will look a far better player.

Trying to play off the origi we have seen the past 18 months can't be easy, he has been absoloute shite since the Champions league final. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

“Always been” is probably not the truth. Over the past 4-5 years would be more accurate I’d say. 

What's wrong with sign unproven players and loan them to Newcastle and Southampton? 

Mind you, at least we now understand your buying process for fry ups - if they do well in Newcastle and Southampton, pay the premium for it in London. 

• Upvote 2

Had pretty high hopes after his displays against us, and he seems a really likeable guy, but he doesn't seem to be training on. Happy to give him more time and acknowledge that he has not had loads of good opportunities, but Jota has managed to raise his head above the parapet in far less time with similar outings.

• Upvote 1

He looks like he still hasn’t come out of his shell and is struggling under the weight of it all. he’s clearly a decent player - we’ve seen that when he played against us but he just seems lost at the moment. 

I agree with the posters who say it’s difficult playing off scraps with the likes of Origi. He needs to play with mane and salah but he also needs to earn that opportunity. Bit of a catch 22.

• Upvote 2

I think Divock is happy enough with his salary and being a 'legend' and is just coasting. Doesnt help that Jurgen seems determined not to to play him in the only position he is fairly good at.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think Divock is happy enough with his salary and being a 'legend' and is just coasting. Doesnt help that Jurgen seems determined not to to play him in the only position he is fairly good at.

Laid back and paid a whack. 

He's looked decent in a few cameos but he was very poor last night. Physically he was always going to struggle but had hoped he had the technical ability to compensate for this like Yossi Benayoun or Luis Garcia have done for us.

47 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's looked decent in a few cameos but he was very poor last night. Physically he was always going to struggle but had hoped he had the technical ability to compensate for this like Yossi Benayoun or Luis Garcia have done for us.

Because those 2 usually started wide and drifted in or where playing off a front man they didn’t have to hold the ball up as much. He’s been the lone frontman most of the time he’s been on the pitch (ignore last night playing with Origi who is now a hinderance) and he’s struggling to get into the game, he’s finding the space but can’t protect it. Same thing Firmino struggles with when he’s not on it. In glimpses though he looks a decent player