You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

53 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They are doing good business imo

Pope,Botman,Guimarães,Trippier amd Willock are all good players for them. The only fee they've been shafted over was Woods, and I'd guess they are happy enough as his presence up top helped keep them up. They might not be jumping straight into the top 4 but a push for Europe this year wouldn't be a shock. 

How much difference has the Saudi input made?

Newcastle are an above mid-table side.

In hindsight, the Brazilian lad from Lyon - he looks good player, no doubt. 

Anybody else? 

Their incomings have done well, they won’t be making money in sales from them. 

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How much difference has the Saudi input made?

Newcastle are an above mid-table side.

In hindsight, the Brazilian lad from Lyon - he looks good player, no doubt. 

Anybody else? 

Their incomings have done well, they won’t be making money in sales from them. 

Only had one window and doubt tbe Saudis wanted the backlash of going full City/Chelsea. Not making money on them won't matter really. Think they've started well with good players. Not a fan of the whole 'project' though

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In a perfect world, but in the real world, you don't bench Mo Salah for Takumi Minamino.

He’s not some bum we got off the street, he’s the forward chiefly responsible for the two trophies we won this season.

He was absolutely capable of starting a few games, while we let the best player in the world recharge his batteries during a gruelling season.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Only had one window and doubt tbe Saudis wanted the backlash of going full City/Chelsea. Not making money on them won't matter really. Think they've started well with good players. Not a fan of the whole 'project' though

Just that wee bit of beheading and chopping up dissenting journalists that puts me off them.

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Granted, there is plenty of time before the window slams shut (!) but nothing indicates they are going full splurge gun.

28 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He’s not some bum we got off the street, he’s the forward chiefly responsible for the two trophies we won this season.

He was absolutely capable of starting a few games, while we let the best player in the world recharge his batteries during a gruelling season.

Yes I get that, but that's why he's leaving. He was not trusted to play games, pretty much other than cups, because the guy in front of him has a pretty much unimpeachable status as a first 11 player. And he was not happy with that. So thanks for everything and bye bye.

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes I get that, but that's why he's leaving. He was not trusted to play games, pretty much other than cups, because the guy in front of him has a pretty much unimpeachable status as a first 11 player. And he was not happy with that. So thanks for everything and bye bye.

I’m getting a little lost here.

I disagreed with getting rid of him and the reasons for it. You agreed with getting rid of him, but not the rationale that lead to the decision?

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’m getting a little lost here.

I disagreed with getting rid of him and the reasons for it. You agreed with getting rid of him, but not the rationale that lead to the decision?

I disagree with you that we shouldn't sell him, because he wants to leave. I don't understand supporters who want to keep players who make it clear they want to leave. It's a pretty clear reason for selling a player.

Could we have changed his opinion by playing him a bit more here and there, I don't know. I'm not in his head. I don't think it's a huge deal overall to sell him. He was squad depth who became unhappy at being squad depth. His hierarchy in the club was never high and was never gonna be high.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I disagree with you that we shouldn't sell him, because he wants to leave. I don't understand supporters who want to keep players who make it clear they want to leave. It's a pretty clear reason for selling a player.

Could we have changed his opinion by playing him a bit more here and there, I don't know. I'm not in his head. I don't think it's a huge deal overall to sell him. He was squad depth who became unhappy at being squad depth. His hierarchy in the club was never high and was never gonna be high.

A good old fashioned Major Tom.

By God, it’s been a while.

16 hours ago, Kevin D said:

100% correct

Wish him all the best, except when Monaco play us of course. A very good player who couldn't nail down a starting berth because he had exceptional players ahead of him. No shame in that. I think he remains the only player from Asia to represent us.

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

Wish him all the best, except when Monaco play us of course. A very good player who couldn't nail down a starting berth because he had exceptional players ahead of him. No shame in that. I think he remains the only player from Asia to represent us.

Depends if you consider Turkey or Israel in Asia.  Kabak was from Ankara (definitely firmly in the Asian bit of Turkey for me, Clive), and we've had a few Israelis (also geographically in Asia, although not for international football affiliation).