You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

On 22/06/2022 at 11:32, Chip Butty said:

Had a meal in Etsu on Saturday, outstanding food. Taki wasn’t there.

You should asked for it to Taki away.

He was a very useful squad player,moreso than OC but the reality is that we could get a fee for him at least. I just hope we dont throw the baby out with the bathwater this summer though. It seems apparent that FSG always want to balance the books but the only reason we were able challenge for every trophy was by having a large and fit squad. There are never any guarantees around fitness.

4 minutes ago, Butch said:

I'd have had ox out before taki, at least taki looked busy and knew where the net was. 

Agree. But like I said,we'd have struggled to get anything for Ox,probably would have had to give him a free,whereas with Taki we got money for him. To be fair to FSG here,each season some other corrupt regime enters the market(Newcastle now) the accounting has to get more creative. Nunez is being financed by these sales in some way and ditto any other new arrivals. It's barely doable with Klopp in charge but very soon he'll even be starved of the loaves and fishes too.

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Agree. But like I said,we'd have struggled to get anything for Ox,probably would have had to give him a free,whereas with Taki we got money for him. To be fair to FSG here,each season some other corrupt regime enters the market(Newcastle now) the accounting has to get more creative. Nunez is being financed by these sales in some way and ditto any other new arrivals. It's barely doable with Klopp in charge but very soon he'll even be starved of the loaves and fishes too.

Newcastle seem not to be an issue yet. They're definitely not swimming in the same pool as us at this time. That might change as they invent sponsorship deals if that is allowed. But it will also need to have the right people in place. Howe did well last season, but I'm very far from convinced he's anything to write home about and last season could have well been a bounce because the club felt they'd been saved and the fact I would imagine Howe is a far better manager than Bruce. I'm not worrying about them just yet. 

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

They're certainly not being really ethical. It's deeply offensive they're getting away with all of this.

The fact the Saudi's being in charge of a club is massively unethical and sports washing of the worst kind is a given, and a caveat that precedes any opinion on the club.

The way the club are going about squad building is still smart though.

5 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

The way the club are going about squad building is still smart though.

Not sure about that.

There are more restrictions on clubs going mental these days. Newcastle haven’t signed any “world stars”, like say Robinho. 

They have signed better than they had, which I suppose is smart, I’m not concerned by anybody they’ve signed. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Newcastle seem not to be an issue yet. They're definitely not swimming in the same pool as us at this time. That might change as they invent sponsorship deals if that is allowed. 

They have spent about 150 mil since January while recouping exactly zero.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure about that.

There are more restrictions on clubs going mental these days. Newcastle haven’t signed any “world stars”, like say Robinho. 

They have signed better than they had, which I suppose is smart, I’m not concerned by anybody they’ve signed. 

You don't have to be concerned by anyone they sign or compare it to us for it to be smart and Newcastle have plenty of space to move into before Profit and sustainability rules kick in thanks to Mike Ashley.

They could have gone straight in and started signing aging big name players on big wages for the perception of prestige and marketability. Instead they seem to be signing good players for decent money that will move them up the table and into European contention (if they keep going).

Pope is a good goalkeeper, Botman is a good defender, Dan Burn is a solid squad player, Guimares is an excellent midfielder. The only blemish so far is overpaying for Chris Wood.

They need to sell St Maxim because they've outgrown that style of player now and look to sign some good wide attackers.

40 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They could have gone straight in and started signing aging big name players on big wages for the perception of prestige and marketability.

Just like this!!!

Boehly is going full Palpatine giving himself temporary power under the illusion he's going to relinquish the role when a better alternative appears.

14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Just like this!!!

Boehly is going full Palpatine giving himself temporary power under the illusion he's going to relinquish the role when a better alternative appears.

If I was him I would sign a 1 year contract with Bayern, win the German title, then head back to Portugal and win Portuguese title before hanging up the boots.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure about that.

They are doing good business imo

Pope,Botman,Guimarães,Trippier amd Willock are all good players for them. The only fee they've been shafted over was Woods, and I'd guess they are happy enough as his presence up top helped keep them up. They might not be jumping straight into the top 4 but a push for Europe this year wouldn't be a shock. 

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They are doing good business imo

Pope,Botman,Guimarães,Trippier amd Willock are all good players for them. The only fee they've been shafted over was Woods, and I'd guess they are happy enough as his presence up top helped keep them up. They might not be jumping straight into the top 4 but a push for Europe this year wouldn't be a shock. 

The appointment of a decent manager will be their best appointment.