You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

Ridiculous waste of time signing him. Only signed because he was ridiculously cheap and we though we could make money on him. The Echo were wanking about his true value being around £35m and how clever FSG were at buying him. The Japanese Ben Davies. 

He will end up on loan to Fiorentina, Genoa or Roma with us paying his wages until his contract runs out. 

23 minutes ago, Boss said:

You need a bit of luck. That shot that narrowly went wide at the start of the second half; if that goes in, he's scored the goal of the season, and he's the principal reason we might be on our way to Wembley. Narrow margins and all that.

That was a failed cross, wasn't it?

On 14/01/2022 at 19:53, 3 Stacks said:

His miss was actually fairly out of character for him. To me, his best quality here has been finishing. I think he's been pretty shite at everything else, which you just can't be in this team.

That and his ability to find spaces and get himself into goalscoring positions in the box. He’ll always score goals I reckon, but his overall quality doesnt seem to be good enough.

On 14/01/2022 at 18:38, Harry Squatter said:

Ridiculous waste of time signing him. Only signed because he was ridiculously cheap and we though we could make money on him. The Echo were wanking about his true value being around £35m and how clever FSG were at buying him. The Japanese Ben Davies. 

He will end up on loan to Fiorentina, Genoa or Roma with us paying his wages until his contract runs out. 

Think we will get our money back on him/turn a slight profit - well on his fee anyway, we have obviously paid him a bomb for sod all....but i think we will be able to say ta-ra to him and get back 10m or so.

Our scouting team is surely one of the worst in the league. I remember seeing the Salzburg game and being impressed by several of their attacking players. We ended up with the worst of them. 

Nothing wrong with the effort, he simply doesn’t have enough quality.

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Judge said:

Our scouting team is surely one of the worst in the league. I remember seeing the Salzburg game and being impressed by several of their attacking players. We ended up with the worst of them. 

The scouting team which identified Salah,Mane,VVD,Alisson,Robbo,Gini,etc? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Judge said:

Every club is going to have misses. We run round after players with release clauses etc because we think there's value, but you're operating in a smaller field when you do that. Shaq and minamino fall into that category. You could say so does keita, although he was still a big fee. Chamberlain was the last 12 months of his contract. Even thiago was a last 12 months of the contract and his inability to get on the pitch was there to see before he arrived. Thats not to say you should never buy those players, but if it's your starting point, it's going to bring challenges. 

Good for him to get back on the scorer's sheet before the away leg. 

And seriously, I hope he goes around that Geordie Shore looking twat they have at the back and sits him on his arse. The amount of fucking Arsenal-related spam I've copped on my IG feed about how great they are now is doing my head in. 

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2022 at 02:37, Judge said:

Our scouting team are a fucking disgrace 

On 16/01/2022 at 02:37, Judge said:

I dont understand this, i know its not Geoff Twentyman but Liverpool have one of the best outfits you will see at this present time so someone is doing their homework 

9 goals and 1 assist from 891 total minutes played. Outstanding for a fringe player. 

In fact, when you look at the second-string forward rotation group of Firmino, Origi, Minamino and Gordon, they have a combined total of 23 goals and 8 assists from 2902 combined minutes this season. 

Effectively, that is a score contribution per match played. As an average, that is excellent, especially given the stop-start nature of games for a bench player.