You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

Think it’s getting overstated how he played against palace he took the goal he scored well and did alright other than that.

seems very light weight to me in saying that I’d start him ahead of Bobby as Bobby is just stinking the place out at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Think it’s getting overstated how he played against palace he took the goal he scored well and did alright other than that.

seems very light weight to me in saying that I’d start him ahead of Bobby as Bobby is just stinking the place out at the moment. 

Here's the thing though, he played a good part in a 0-7 win, scored and he's barely had a sniff since. We're struggling for goals and klopp doesn't want to turn to him. There must be a reason for that, but I don't see how these fringe players fit in if they can't even get a go when we're playing badly. He's clearly struggled a bit since getting here, but if he can't contribute, let's just get him sold and get in someone who can. We seem to have a lot of players who offer is little to nothing. 

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Klopp has been incredibly loyal to his starting players throughout his entire time here. Even when he first joined and most of them were fucking shite.

Thing is the results & performance have mostly gone in a positive direction, so it's easier to do. I would guess this is our worst run of form since he's been here, certainly since his 1st summer. If you're a fringe player you have to wonder when you'll get your real chance if you've done as he has, which is play, score in a big win and then not get a sniff in a really bad run. I'm not saying he should be in the team either, I am just trying to put myself in the position of the player. 

On 18/01/2021 at 17:35, Mark M said:

The two games he's been involved in (Palace and Villa) Liverpool have scored 11 goals. Maybe that's coincidence but he scored the opener against Palace and assisted a goal against Villa. Nothing overstated about that.

Whether that would have continued if he had been selected to play against the dross that we drew against, we'll never know as he wasn't selected. All we know is the players who were selected against those teams have scored 1 goal against the dross.

What is the worst that can happen if the players are selected? They don't win? We're not winning anyway. All the players need to own up to what is going on but give them all a chance rather than keep playing the same players/formation when it's obvious it isn't working right now.

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Sandman40 said:

Cheers! I need to increase my Echo reading from never to once in a while

I don't know how you manage without the cutting edge reporting of how our kids or permacrocks recovering are gonna save us millions, and of course things only scousers say or do...

• 7 months later...

It’s a shame klopps got to sell these bums before he can bring anyone in. Any other club would just park this dud and get a better player in and forget about him.

Freaks my nut out how we could have landed Haaland on the cheap but went for the cheap

option who wouldn’t complain about being benched behind Firmino

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

It’s a shame klopps got to sell these bums before he can bring anyone in. Any other club would just park this dud and get a better player in and forget about him.

Freaks my nut out how we could have landed Haaland on the cheap but went for the cheap

option who wouldn’t complain about being benched behind Firmino

Haaland went for 20m, it's not like he was way more expensive than Minamino. The fact he went to Dortmund should tell you he wasn't looking to go to a big club yet.

Minamino was nothing but a punt, who as you say, wouldn't complain if he was 5th choice. So it was perfect a the time and had he worked out, it would have been genius. Unfortunately, it's been a waste of time.

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Haaland went for 20m, it's not like he was way more expensive than Minamino. The fact he went to Dortmund should tell you he wasn't looking to go to a big club yet.

Minamino was nothing but a punt, who as you say, wouldn't complain if he was 5th choice. So it was perfect a the time and had he worked out, it would have been genius. Unfortunately, it's been a waste of time.

Haaland was always going to go to a club a tier down from the very top. He seems to be one of those players who is so good(similar to Mbappe)who have their entire career mapped out for them by their agent so they can maximise their wages and signing on fees. By going to Dortmund he has shown the big boys what he can do in a top league and with the added bonus of his release fee he can clean up money wise. 

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Let’s see who’s laughing next week. Says a lot about Arsenal that last night felt like a defeat.

Any team we play against for 75 mins or so against 10 men and we don't win, should be felt like a defeat. Nothing really to do with the name of the opponent.

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

Any team we play against for 75 mins or so against 10 men and we don't win, should be felt like a defeat. Nothing really to do with the name of the opponent.

If we had gone down to ten men early away to Arsenal I'd have been quite happy with a 0-0.

And we are better than they are.