You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

Culturally I imagine perception of fans and team mates is a big deal to Japanese lads. Remember watching an interview with a former spurs coach who'd managed over there and he said you had to be careful not to bollock players in front of other people or they'd walk out and never come back.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Culturally I imagine perception of fans and team mates is a big deal to Japanese lads. Remember watching an interview with a former spurs coach who'd managed over there and he said you had to be careful not to bollock players in front of other people or they'd walk out and never come back.

I assume they are offended incredibly easily due to their honour based culture.

Imagine if a Japanese player was signed for a team Gazza was a part of, they'd have either killed him in a duel or got on the first flight back to Japan. On the first day.

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Klopp has his passport locked up so he’s going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

He wouldn't last very long on here. One neg and he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Reminds me of the story of when the director John Boorman made Hell in the Pacific with Toshiro Mifune. Neither spoke the other's language so they hired an interpreter. Mifune kept hamming it up and doing pratfalls, despite it being a drama. Turned out he was working off a completely different comedic script, and the interpreter wouldn't pass on any criticism for fear of offending him.

• Upvote 1

Very intelligent player, excellent off the ball movement and good on the ball in tight spaces. Also hard working and aggressive in the counter pressing part. All of the above has been in place from the start, and I think he’s played better than maybe given credit for.

The bit that has been lacking is perhaps the raw power, pace and skill to add end product to his game. If this starts to show through goals and assists we have a very good player here, and we got him more or less on a free.

• Upvote 1

Speaking as someone who watch the game in full yesterday, I don't see what the fuss is about. 

He was ok, it was Blackpool, he was as guilty as anyone for being inferior to Blackpool in that first half.  They then put out their ressies, he scores, so what? So did Van Den Berg and Elliott.  In fact, Elliott was the pick of the subs, scoring 1, assisting another, and key part in another goal.  Ran his bollocks off.

Overall though, Keita was clearly MOTM.

Am sure Taki will be a decent signing, but come on. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Speaking as someone who watch the game in full yesterday, I don't see what the fuss is about. 

He was ok, it was Blackpool, he was as guilty as anyone for being inferior to Blackpool in that first half.  They then put out their ressies, he scores, so what? So did Van Den Berg and Elliott.  In fact, Elliott was the pick of the subs, scoring 1, assisting another, and key part in another goal.  Ran his bollocks off.

Ya'ma(to) 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Big game beaut.

14 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Jones was our best sub mate.

He looked quite tentative last season, in pre-season he's looked far sharper in terms of taking on a shot. Regularly hitting the target, they've often caused trouble even when he hasn't found the net. That's what I want to see for the times when sides try to camp out against us.