You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Nov 30 - Dec 6 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Nov 30:

L 2 Brighton 1 Three points, a huge sigh of relief but bloody hell, that wasn’t much fun. It was fucking freezing and the performance matched it. Ok, that’s not entirely fair as the opening half an hour was good and we should have been out of sight. Matt Ryan pulled off some good saves though and although we did go two up through Big Virg, the handsome towering bastard, we ran out of steam and it looked like the Napoli game had taken a heavy toll.

Still, we weren’t in any trouble until Alisson’s moment of madness, and even then we’d have been fine but for the incompetence / bias (delete as appropriate) of Martin Atkinson. I absolutely can’t get my head around why he isn’t being hammered for what he did. I don’t know if what he did was within the rules, but morally it was dodgy as fuck which is why you almost never see it.

When do you ever see a ref blow his whistle when the keeper is on the post lining up his wall? Virtually never.

So call me paranoid but when I see a ref who has screwed us frequently of late make a call like that, I’m going to think something is up. This twat needs keeping away from our games, but he’s on the VAR for the derby. As I said last week though, it will take a brave man to over-rule any Mike Dean decision, so if we get hosed on Wednesday it will be by the beady eyed Birkenhead official, not Atkinson.

Tell you one thing I noticed today though. Lewis Dunk is a much better player than I thought. I had him down as a Burnley type, sit deep with lots of protection and head everything away type of centre half, but he's not. He's really good. He's the player that people wrongly believe Harry Maguire to be. No wonder Leicester wanted him to replace Maguire, and no wonder Brighton were demanding a similar fee.

Sunday Dec 1:

Started watching that Barca documentary yesterday and finished it today. I was shocked. They're absolute dickheads. It’s no wonder they bottled it at Anfield. Prior to kick off they're all sat there, nobody is talking to eachother, half of them are looking terrified and Coutinho is actually praying. There's complete silence in the dressing room and they can all hear YNWA being played and the crowd singing.

If I'd been in there I'd have banged Livin on a Prayer or 500 Miles on the sound system so fucking loud they couldn't hear the crowd singing and they’d have been so fired up they’d be ready to eat raw steak. As it was, they looked like they were gladiators about to go into the arena to be fed to lions. Which they were, as it turned out. How can a club that big, and so successful, act so amateurishly?

Meanwhile, Paul Scholes says Freddie Ljungberg isn’t the man for Arsenal because… wait for it…. he wasn’t wearing a suit today. I don’t even know where to start, so I won’t.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Trent like M’Bappe were bon in 1998 and they ’re not in competition for the young ballon d’or, well that’s what my son is saying and he knows pretty much everything about football.

Ok, well if Trent wasn't eligible, then Curtis Jones should have won it.

Scholes & Ljungberg - soooo funny!!

Not too surprised about the Barca dressing room, though.

They don't seem to communicate much on the pitch.  Near the end of the game at Anfield (when it was 4-0) Divock went down injured and eventually went off after treatment - but in all that time there was no one shouting the odds or geeing people up or even arm waving as one goal by Barca would still see them through.  I think Messi went walkabout around halfway line.

5 minutes ago, rubeeee1892 said:

Matchday, Inside of Barcelona FC. Register free for rakuten.tv and you can see it for free. Episode 6 and seven is all you need.

One post in 5 years and you got so excited you posted it again.  Repped and negged.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Haha! Sorry. I tried to delete the first post whithout the quote, but I can't find out how. For exsactly that reason, not a big poster.

And I hadn't updatet the page for a couple of hours so when I read the comments I didnt see that Dave allready had answered. So well, fuck me. Great debut posting.

The neg is fully deserved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, rubeeee1892 said:

Haha! Sorry. I tried to delete the first post whithout the quote, but I can't find out how. For exsactly that reason, not a big poster.

And I hadn't updatet the page for a couple of hours so when I read the comments I didnt see that Dave allready had answered. So well, fuck me. Great debut posting.

The neg is fully deserved.

Only messing mate. Excellent lurking (till now) btw. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rubeeee1892 said:

Lurking is what I do best. Could be 5 years until next time. Cheers mate.

You don't get away that easily. 

1) Do you have beans on a fry-up?

2) Do you believe in the existence of the Squeasant?

3) Would you shag Jo Swinson?

4) Who wins in a fight, a Bear or a Monkey with a knife? 

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You don't get away that easily. 

1) Do you have beans on a fry-up?

2) Do you believe in the existence of the Squeasant?

3) Would you shag Jo Swinson?

4) Who wins in a fight, a Bear or a Monkey with a knife? 

1) No, fuck beans.

2) Squirrel Peasant? Yeah sure, that could make sense. I'm a believer.

3) I would shag her tits, with a paperbag over her head. Sure.

4) Monkey with a big knife.

Did I get any correct?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic
On 12/12/2019 at 13:05, Dougie Do'ins said:

You got the most important one wrong. 

Yeah, probably did. I mostly lurk around Daves content. Match repports etc, not the forum. So those answers where without any research in the forum, just of the top of my head.

And now I'm gonna go back to lurking, my postingtimes are over. Up the fucking reds!

• Upvote 2