You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salzburg (A) Champions League - 17:55

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

I like the fact he fluffed that big chance he had before we opened the scoring. Shows exactly where this kid is in his career. Potential yes, but a huge difference in his game when playing against better sides than CL whipping boys Genk and the crap he plays against in Austria. He's also flavour of the month and will cost way over the odds. Maybe's he will turn out to be a great forward, but would you seriously lash out the money being touted on potential? 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I like the fact he fluffed that big chance he had before we opened the scoring. Shows exactly where this kid is in his career. Potential yes, but a huge difference in his game when playing against better sides than CL whipping boys Genk and the crap he plays against in Austria. He's also flavour of the month and will cost way over the odds. Maybe's he will turn out to be a great forward, but would you seriously lash out the money being touted on potential? 

I think he looks great but I can’t see him fitting in with our style of play. More a Harry Kane kind of striker, albeit quicker. So a poor man’s Mad Erik. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think he looks great but I can’t see him fitting in with our style of play. More a Harry Kane kind of striker, albeit quicker. 

He's only 19 so he obviously has time on his hands to mature, no doubting he can play against weaker teams and scores enough. It remains to be seen how he'd cope in a stronger league against better opposition or indeed at international senior level. 

12 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Our biggest star fluffed several chances bigger then He did, so i think using that one example to talk him down is pretty strange. This guy will be a huge star for the next 10 years and now is the time to buy him.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Hwuang and Minamino on the other hand ...

Both players look a handful and would certainly suit our style of play. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Funkasy said:

Our biggest star fluffed several chances bigger then He did, so i think using that one example to talk him down is pretty strange. This guy will be a huge star for the next 10 years and now is the time to buy him.

Of course, you do realise Salah scored a goal and is 10 times the player Haaland is? Plus I'm not talking him down as such, just putting my level head on when talking about a youngster with potential. How do you know he's going to be a huge star? Ah yes, you are getting caught up in the flavour of the month and 'Potential' because you can't be talking about his performances at top level. Opinions eh. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Of course, you do realise Salah scored a goal and is 10 times the player Haaland is? Plus I'm not talking him down as such, just putting my level head on when talking about a youngster with potential. How do you know he's going to be a huge star? Ah yes, you are getting caught up in the flavour of the month and 'Potential' because you can't be talking about his performances at top level. Opinions eh. 

Yes i know he scored, but you said it as if Haaland didnt score his only chance in the game was the definition of his career so far, he has 8 goals in champions league and about 20 in the league, i know its not the best league, but it does show he is a pretty good player considering his age, nothing wrong with a 21 year old having problem dominating against vvd and the best team in the world. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Thought Gini was poor in the first half, much, much better in the second though.

What's our UEFA co-efficient this year?  As someone mentioned earlier 3 finals in four years surely must have us near the top.

8th 

https://www.football-coefficient.eu/coefficient/

Everton incidentally is 95. Behind Burnley, West Ham and Southampton. Haha

• Upvote 1