You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salzburg (A) Champions League - 17:55

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

For what it's worth I firmly believe if we get through this tie and have a decent December we would be in a decent position to win both.  However pessimist that I can see a couple of draws looming around Christmas/new year. 

I would take a couple of draws tbh. We would still be in a great position. 

10 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

For what it's worth I firmly believe if we get through this tie and have a decent December we would be in a decent position to win both.  However pessimist that I can see a couple of draws looming around Christmas/new year. 

I remember pissing myself laughing when big Ron's team year after year couldn't win the first division in mid eighties  and the whole thing was they had waited 20 odd years I thought that was a lifetime. So that's why I am so keen on us securing the title never in my wildest nightmares would I have thought it would take this long. Has to be this year . 

I want us to win the title more but this has been good to us the last few years and must not be taken lightly.

22 minutes ago, etho said:

I hope we don't see the Milner Henderson Wijnaldum axis..be nice to see Ox or Keita alongside Hendo and Gini

I reckon this is exactly what you will see. Stay compact and focus on a clean sheet and one of the front 3 will get it done. Probably Mane.

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I want us to win the title more but this has been good to us the last few years and must not be taken lightly.

Really valid point. Coming so close to title last year and winning nothing would have been a disaster especially in terms of player retention. If the only player agitating for a move is/was Bobby Duncan or Kent you certainly can say the CL has been good to us (even final year before gave belief). 

13 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Really valid point. Coming so close to title last year and winning nothing would have been a disaster especially in terms of player retention. If the only player agitating for a move is/was Bobby Duncan or Kent you certainly can say the CL has been good to us (even final year before gave belief). 

Bobby is doing really well I hear and Ryan loved his runners up medal on Sunday.

Hope we go through. 

But, strangely, I won't be that arsed if we don't. 

We won it last year. Let's give someone else a chance. Plus, if we drop out, we can put all our eggs in the league basket. That's the one we want now. Play the reserves in the Europa League. And then keep the main lads fresh for the league games. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

To be honest, we should have been out of sight in this group. But two very performances against Napoli has put us where we are, and that's one poor reffing decision or one worldie strike from being in the Europa League. Fingers crossed and buckle up.

If we don't qualify it's our own fault.

Even if we don't it's not the end of the world, win the league and go again next year. We can't get to finals every year.

This Haaland cat has intrigued me.

If he knocks us out, fuck me, I won't even be mad.  It takes some player, and some balls, to chat shit and then deliver against the best team in the world.  Have to applaud him if he does it. 

Obviously, I hope Van Dijk spends the entire game shoving a finger up his arse and giving him sneaky nipple-cripples, and Haaland ends up leaving the pitch with his shirt over his head, crying. 

I don't like the idea that Solksjaer might nab him, with the Norway connection.