You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salzburg (A) Champions League - 17:55

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

They can be tricky but their defence is wide open when they try to get forward at speed, much like City at times without the quality bar a few players. I quite fancy our chances myself, plus i wouldn't be at all surprised to see us winning this comfortably, albeit we'll probably concede a goal. 

Read somewhere that these average 4 goals a game at home this season.

OK they aren't up against much, but still that is some record - and of course they got 3 at ours.

They have also scored 3 against Napoli in their 2 games against them whereas we scored just 1 in our 2.

They've put 10 goals past Genk in their 2 games.

So everything suggests they are a pretty decent outfit and have been every bit as good as us so far in the group.

They do leak a bit more than us though and hopefully we can exploit that, it could be a very tricky night though. They'll be dead up for it, but we of course are made of stern stuff these days and have shown we can win anywhere.

What was it Gerrard said once 'I don't wanna wake up in the uefa cup'...

Have to say I'll be more confident with Gomez at CB than Lovren for this one. They have bags of pace up front, can easily see Lovren being targeted. Hopefully Gini and Henderson will be able to stem the tide. We'll score as well, but don't think it'll be an easy ride.

19 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Honestly don't care if we go through . PL the holy grail for me. Only reason would like to progress is its knockout from here on in. Too many weird far flung teams in he Europa League . 

Just as well the players will care then

Klopp will play his best team available 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Nah!

For what it's worth I firmly believe if we get through this tie and have a decent December we would be in a decent position to win both.  However pessimist that I can see a couple of draws looming around Christmas/new year. 

I remember pissing myself laughing when big Ron's team year after year couldn't win the first division in mid eighties  and the whole thing was they had waited 20 odd years I thought that was a lifetime. So that's why I am so keen on us securing the title never in my wildest nightmares would I have thought it would take this long. Has to be this year . 

• Upvote 1