You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 5 Everton 2 (Dec 4 2019)

tlw content

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I quite liked Ally McCoist commentating, seemed to really be enjoying himself and was waxing lyrical about us during the game. A refreshing change to the usual dullards.

Agreed, I said that in the match thread.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Said on twitter that his hair is like a new signing. Forgot to mention it in the report as there was so much to get through.

I'm pretty gutted you haven't shared your extensive hair knowledge on my footballer's hairstyle thread

• Upvote 2

On 29/01/2014 at 22:05, sir roger said:

Decided on the ' too cool for school ' approach.

Practically ignored the blueshites in work and when one cracked and shouted over ' Go on then what did you think about last night ? ' , I didn't even look up & just muttered ' routine'.

This cracked me up all those years and still does, hence why I remember it. But jeez, reading your match report makes me think that Wednesday was 'routine'. They could have played that game 100 times and Everton would have been doing well to get a draw in one of them. Happy days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

This cracked me up all those years and still does, hence why I remember it. But jeez, reading your match report makes me think that Wednesday was 'routine'. They could have played that game 100 times and Everton would have been doing well to get a draw in one of them. Happy days.

Oy , Dave gets enough credit without pinching mine.

• Upvote 2

I know the bitters are getting a load of grief about how shit they were but for me they played better and looked more dangerous going forward than the two 4-0 results under Rogers and in Jurgen's first season. I know we could and should have ran away with towards the end but nearly every time they came forward in the first half I was nervous admittedly a lot of that was of our own making. Atkinson being Atkinson could have given a pen for Van Djik's challenge and but for Lovren's clearance in front of the Kop it could have been 3-2 instead of 4-1 seconds later...

As great as we were first half attacking wise I was pleased the way we controlled the game in the second especially the way we manage games now with the slight wasting of time at throw in's and free-kicks for them and us. 

Also loving the fact the players have got a nasty edge to their game without going over the top

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Remmie said:

I'm pretty gutted you haven't shared your extensive hair knowledge on my footballer's hairstyle thread

That's not a quick in and out job, if I go in there I'll be there all day. I will get to it eventually though, rest assured on that!

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Meant to ask the lads at the game , but was there a cheer from the Blues when Leicester scored ? 

Seemed to be a random cheer and the Leicester score appeared soon after on the bottom of the screen.

I dont recollect George reading out the HTs for the other games but he might have done. I dont recollect any cheers from everton fans if he did either or during the game. I think they were too pissed off at losing again.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic