You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Van Dijk: The lack of clean sheets annoys me

TLW

Virgil Van Dijk says there is areas for Liverpool to work on despite comfortably sitting atop the Premier League table.

The Reds made it 13 wins from 14 games after their 2-1 win over a gallant Brighton outfit.

But with any team looking to go to the next level, you don’t always look at what you have accomplished, it is focusing on the things that you can improve on.

The two-goal hero from Saturday’s clash identified one area in particular The Mirror  reported:

“The (lack of clean sheets) annoys me. 

“We want to improve but if you are going to look at negatives…it is a negative to be fair. 

“We are winning games, so we shouldn’t look too much at it, but as a defence we know we can do a lot better, especially with the clean sheets.”

“We know we can do maybe that extra 10 per cent.

“But we win games and that at the end of the day is what it is all about. 

Virgil-van-Dijk-1178908.jpg

The talismanic Dutchman was also unequivocal when asked about the eight point lead that Liverpool hold over Leicester.

“The gap doesn’t mean anything, you see with Brighton, they were very brave and played very well, and that is what we will face.

“We are in a good situation points wise but we know we can do maybe that extra 10 per cent.

“We have to try and do it every week, but it is not easy. 

“That’s all we can do - try it and hopefully it will work out. 

“The most important thing is to win the games.”

View full article

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Anyway, this is exactly what I expect from somebody doing the performing. Always looking at ways to improve, but also keeping in mind the bigger picture so it's not all doom and gloom. 

The unbearable misery of being European Champions and current runaway League leaders......

Fuck me, I'm developing Blooshite-itis here.