You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) Premier League - 4/12/19 - 20:15

Bjornebye

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was some game, wasnt it? I think everyone just about collectively held their breath when Jurgen named that side. But with a heavy schedule approaching and the players looking a little jaded especially against Brighton when down to 10 men, it was time to 'use the squad.'

I dont get it why some of our fans think we need to go out in January and spend. We arent going to get better players than those already in the squad and up until last night, not getting a game or many minutes on the pitch. Werner and the likes arent signing for us to sit on the bench and get the odd game here and there like Divock and Shaq have.

And credit these players for their patience. They could be kicking off in the papers about not getting games and causing disruption. There's stories going around about Joe now he's out the team but is that just idle gossip or a blue nose taxi driver's indepth knowledge of Liverpool? Shaq has been in the Echo saying he has to find a solution to not playing but I dont take that to be a come and get me plea.

Even Lallana came in and did a good shift. Maybe he tried to get a bit too complicated once or twice in the game but I thought he did well. Neither can Adrian be blamed for any of the goals and we've seen similar get past Ali since he came back in.

Before the game, I really thought we'd beat them 2 or 3 nil. The scoreline though doesnt do us justice and we should have kept a clean sheet. If everton had lost that by 5, 6 or 7, they couldnt have complained. We were cutting through them like ribbons.

It's great seeing everton in the bottom 3 and I really, really hope they do get relegated. The club is decent enough but many of the fans, they can just fuck off. They have blamed us and Heysel for the state of their club. The fact is, and it's slowly only now being reported, is that everton have been 4th biggest spenders in the PL from 2016. They've yet to finishing the top 4 and instead, now find themselves in the bottom 3.

I do feel sorry for Silva. He's a man out of his depth expected to work miracles even if he is paid a king's randsom. It seems moyes will be dragged back screaming and kicking to the pit. Would be hugely funny if they still went down with him at the helm.

Onwards to Bournemouth.

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, rb14 said:

At least two pennos for the fouls on VVD at consecutive corners. Mane's last break through on goal, he was fouled about twenty trillion times. Stayed on his feet; nothing given. 

I was ready to kick off on the ref but as the game progressed, he seemed to improve. Of course 50/50s were always going to go their way ("70/30s" said Margaret sitting next to me) but I ended up thinking it was the least offensive reffing I've seen from him. 

Lovren looks like a deer in the headlights in possession. "Who shall I pass to? Ahhhhh Virge, good. Nobody will be expecting that. Next time I'll pass to some one else. Oh, I have the ball again. Who shall I pass to? Ahhhhh Virge, good. Nobody will be expecting that. Oh here it is again. Who shall I pass to? Ahhhhh Virge, good. Nobody will be expecting that. Right, this is bad. I'll try someone else or I'll look like I only pass to Virge. Eeyyah Trent, have this; the closest opponent to you is at least two metres away. Oh, you've passed it straight back to me as you were being closed down. Who next then. Ahhhhh Virge, good. Nobody will be expecting that."

At one point (early on) Richarlison hoofed one of our players with his shin and Dean gave him the free kick. VVD was being fouled all night and he hardly blew up for any of them. TBF, he was shit for both teams and as someone else pointed out it was if they were lenient the whole game. 

On Lovren. Yeah, he uses the short pass a lot and you can tell he's terrified at making a mistake. When he trusts himself he can actually pick out a good ball which he did a few times, especially the one to Origi which resulted in a goal. he also got in a great block to divert the ball for a corner, although it involved a bit of luck as the ball could have gone anywhere. Thought he had a mixed bag defending, but so did TAA and Robbo at times. We certainly need to bring in a CB though, we look way better at the back when Matip plays but he is injury prone at times. 

2 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Divock is fucking boss isn’t he?

Real enigmatic. At his best he’s exhilarating... the way he bullied Mina last night was a real joy to watch. However, when things don’t click for him, it’s genuinely like playing with 10 men. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Real enigmatic. At his best he’s exhilarating... the way he bullied Mina last night was a real joy to watch. However, when things don’t click for him, it’s genuinely like playing with 10 men. 

Agreed, he was brutal when came on the Brighton game.

14 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

His best is fucking miles better than Heskey's best. That touch and finish for his second goal, Heskey couldn't have done that in his dreams.

At his worst though yeah I see the comparison.

I can remember Heskey having a purple patch like Origi did before he got injured by Mori and he was unplayable. He absolutely destroyed Argentina during that time as well.

I like Div but it’s not remotely as clear cut as you are suggesting.

Guest Pistonbroke

We should thank Everton fans for supplying us with a load of laughter over the years. In the big scheme of things they are the same as Villa, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday, Newcastle, Forest, Wolves etc. Most of those who I mention have won trophies over the years but gone ages without much success, have a larger fan base and some better stadia. You don't hear them banging on about becoming a top four club as if its something they are rightly owed.