You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) Premier League - 4/12/19 - 20:15

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Apparently Amazon are worried about their servers crashing under the weight of traffic. Might be wise to have a foreign stream ready to report to the authorities. 

I've seen this said a few times, have they themselves released something or is it just Twitter bullshit? 

Amazon Web services are one of the biggest providers in the world, seems a bit odd to me that they would not have planned for this considering that's what they do for somewhere in the region of half of the world's web applications.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chevettehs said:

I've seen this said a few times, have they themselves released something or is it just Twitter bullshit? 

Amazon Web services are one of the biggest providers in the world, seems a bit odd to me that they would not have planned for this considering that's what they do for somewhere in the region of half of the world's web applications.

I read it on The Athletic yesterday. Apparently they had similar problems when they first started showing the tennis, and while they’ve sorted it out for the most part it’s still not perfect. They said that a lot more planning has gone into this but streaming all the games simultaneously, as well as loads more people taking the free 30 day trial purely for the footy is uncharted territory for them. 

I can’t believe how thick some people are.  We were getting these games in the BT “package” last year but now you’ve got to pay another subscription to view them and some people are happy about it.  Fucking hilarious.  Bringing up natural monopolies because you think it makes you sound clever when you’re missing the point a 10 year old child could understand.

They’re going to keep chopping up the league into these packages to see how far they can push the consumer.  Personally I think this is how the bubble will pop in the end.  People will get sick of it and not pay for any at some point rather than pay for one or two.  The money will go down and the clubs will kick up a stink and that will be the beginning of paying to watch your own clubs games.  To keep the premier league popular they have to keep it competitive and the only way to do that is keep the money relatively even between clubs.  That won’t happen if clubs are making money per viewer.

It’s another example of the market failing and requiring intervention before the game eats itself.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I can’t believe how thick some people are.  We were getting these games in the BT “package” last year but now you’ve got to pay another subscription to view them and some people are happy about it.  Fucking hilarious.  Bringing up natural monopolies because you think it makes you sound clever when you’re missing the point a 10 year old child could understand.

Take it that was directed at me. Charming. I don't recall having a go at you for any reason or even engaging with you but whatever. Seems pretty hysterical to me. 

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

They’re going to keep chopping up the league into these packages to see how far they can push the consumer.  Personally I think this is how the bubble will pop in the end.  People will get sick of it and not pay for any at some point rather than pay for one or two.  The money will go down and the clubs will kick up a stink and that will be the beginning of paying to watch your own clubs games.  To keep the premier league popular they have to keep it competitive and the only way to do that is keep the money relatively even between clubs.  That won’t happen if clubs are making money per viewer.

It’s another example of the market failing and requiring intervention before the game eats itself.

‘Yeah, it’s shit and that, but when the news was released I must admit that myself a most of my friends weren’t too bothered as we all have Amazon Prime anyway. Selfish I know. But I quite like the idea of it. Choice of games and I’m not just paying for that, I’m also getting a very good service from the other side of the site that I use regularly and I think I get value for money. I don’t sub to Sky because of the expense and there’s no value for me as there’s other avenues to view. I’ve no doubt that if this is successful and they buy a bigger slice of the pie that the sub will increase. And I’ll get it because I like their service and it suits me. Does that make thick? 

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

‘Yeah, it’s shit and that, but when the news was released I must admit that myself a most of my friends weren’t too bothered as we all have Amazon Prime anyway. Selfish I know. But I quite like the idea of it. Choice of games and I’m not just paying for that, I’m also getting a very good service from the other side of the site that I use regularly and I think I get value for money. I don’t sub to Sky because of the expense and there’s no value for me as there’s other avenues to view. I’ve no doubt that if this is successful and they buy a bigger slice of the pie that the sub will increase. And I’ll get it because I like their service and it suits me. Does that make thick? 

Don't worry I think its me that's thick. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I'm not sure how they could raise the sub without pissing off a large sum of their prime customers mate. Loads of people don#t follow football and just use their Prime membership to save on postage/watch the films/series. The only way it would work is to have it as a separate option like Prime+ for example. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm not sure how they could raise the sub without pissing off a large sum of their prime customers mate. Loads of people don#t follow football and just use their Prime membership to save on postage/watch the films/series. The only way it would work is to have it as a separate option like Prime+ for example. 

Yeah, you’re prob right. They’d probably have to split it. Each to their own and all that. Just some people getting on their high horse over it...........

I can’t believe how thick some people are.  We were getting these games in the BT “package” last year but now you’ve got to pay another subscription to view them and some people are happy about it.  Fucking hilarious.  Bringing up natural monopolies because you think it makes you sound clever when you’re missing the point a 10 year old child could understand.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, The Guest said:

Fair points, but if you use Sky or BT then you are calling yourself thick for being part of the whole thing you are having a whinge about. 

Fans in the Uk are ripped off anyway, in most aspects of the game. Especially stadium prices and the cost of watching the game live via whichever services they use. In Germany Sky DE show every single match live from the Bundesliga, you can choose which one you want to watch or hop about between games, or they have the classic conference channel where they do the hopping about for you and immediately go to a ground when a goal goes in or a dangerous free kick is about to happen etc. You can basically watch every game your club plays and the cost... for the basic Sky which you have to have (TV Sky series/on demand etc) and the Bundesliga package, 29.99€ a month, 44€ after the offer lapses. Although you'll always find offers for the first year on it all and you can just cancel it after a few months and start afresh the next year when they start giving you new offers to keep you. 10€ a month for UHD option. I added the whole Sport package so as I could watch the PL, they've shown every one of our games so far (5-6 live games every weekend), I pay for Entertainment/Bundesliga/Sport inc PL 34.99€ a Month, it would go up to 54.99€ a month after a year, but I'll get another offer. Oh yeah, they also take over my Netflix payment which saves me 11.99€ a Month. So basically paying 34.99€ a month for more Football/Sport/netflix and Series you can shake a stick at. 

Im not sure these 'games' were in BT's (or Sky's) package last year. I think these are extra games over and above the number transmitted by Sky and BT under the last rights based bid.

Sky and BT both bid less for this season's tv packages than the previous bid period. Even with Amazon buying these games, the PL's income from the domestic marketis down. it was only increased overseas rights that boosted the overall tv income to more than the last deal.

End of the day, you pays yer money and takes your chance. BT and Sky is rich enough for my money.

What I would love is if this Amazon deal hastens the ability to select viewing just Liverpool's PL games, be that home and away, just home or just away. As I get to most homes, being able to watch every away would be what Id want. I dont think the clubs would vote for that though because they know selected clubs would see their income rocket while others would see it go down.

• Upvote 1

I realise this is a massive double standard but part of me loves the fact Sky have less influence on the game, as I hugely resent them for stealing football from terrestrial TV and my not being able to watch full matches throughout my teenage years unless it was cup games or international tournaments. Unfortunately it is the dedicated fans that will suffer with all the providers out there and the exclusivity viewing model seems the most profitable so I'm not sure it is ever going away. As I've alluded to, it's not as if Amazon are the bastions of morality but it least it's a kick in the balls to those Sky wankers.

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fair points, but if you use Sky or BT then you are calling yourself thick for being part of the whole thing you are having a whinge about. 

Fans in the Uk are ripped off anyway, in most aspects of the game. Especially stadium prices and the cost of watching the game live via whichever services they use. In Germany Sky DE show every single match live from the Bundesliga, you can choose which one you want to watch or hop about between games, or they have the classic conference channel where they do the hopping about for you and immediately go to a ground when a goal goes in or a dangerous free kick is about to happen etc. You can basically watch every game your club plays and the cost... for the basic Sky which you have to have (TV Sky series/on demand etc) and the Bundesliga package, 29.99€ a month, 44€ after the offer lapses. Although you'll always find offers for the first year on it all and you can just cancel it after a few months and start afresh the next year when they start giving you new offers to keep you. 10€ a month for UHD option. I added the whole Sport package so as I could watch the PL, they've shown every one of our games so far (5-6 live games every weekend), I pay for Entertainment/Bundesliga/Sport inc PL 34.99€ a Month, it would go up to 54.99€ a month after a year, but I'll get another offer. Oh yeah, they also take over my Netflix payment which saves me 11.99€ a Month. So basically paying 34.99€ a month for more Football/Sport/netflix and Series you can shake a stick at. 

You’re easily the most dense cunt on here and that’s saying something.  I’m not happy that I have had to pay for two subscriptions if I want to watch all of the weeks live footy for every week that everyone previously got in the same package before the premier league started cutting it up.  For years we seen various channels take over the mini package that BT currently have now.  They ran at a loss and either ended up folding or didn’t renew the package because there’s no money to be made from it.  The fan got ripped off though because they had to pay for it.  BT will not be making money for what they pay for now and I expect it to go the same way for them.  The only reason they’ve lasted this long is because they’re such a big company.  Being happy that there’s now a third package because of some stupid outlook that it’s competition for sky is beyond thick.

• Downvote 8

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You’re easily the most dense cunt on here and that’s saying something.  I’m not happy that I have had to pay for two subscriptions if I want to watch all of the weeks live footy for every week that everyone previously got in the same package before the premier league started cutting it up.  For years we seen various channels take over the mini package that BT currently have now.  They ran at a loss and either ended up folding or didn’t renew the package because there’s no money to be made from it.  The fan got ripped off though because they had to pay for it.  BT will not be making money for what they pay for now and I expect it to go the same way for them.  The only reason they’ve lasted this long is because they’re such a big company.  Being happy that there’s now a third package because of some stupid outlook that it’s competition for sky is beyond thick.

Get Mr Ironic/Angry here. You don't think existing Sky customers had a valid grievance against those of you who started paying for BT sports? Like I said, you are calling people thick for something you yourself are a part of. Only one dense hypocritical cunt in this discussion. Now do yourself, deep breaths, count to ten and stop making yourself look a fool by trying to put people down with your usual defence mechanism of  'You’re easily the most dense cunt on here and that’s saying something,' line. better still, I'll just ignore you in future, life is too short to get involved with Mr angry types. 

7 hours ago, kop77 said:

please mane score a goal..

Mane's scoring, all around us Kopites singing, having fun It's the season - love and understanding Merry Christmas. Everton...

I'd like for us to have the opportunity to give this one an airing too. 

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

You need to relax a bit. We all get ripped off with the footy. 

Join my illegal stream thread where we report illegal free streams to the authorities. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Get Mr Ironic/Angry here. You don't think existing Sky customers had a valid grievance against those of you who started paying for BT sports? Like I said, you are calling people thick for something you yourself are a part of. Only one dense hypocritical cunt in this discussion. Now do yourself, deep breaths, count to ten and stop making yourself look a fool by trying to put people down with your usual defence mechanism of  'You’re easily the most dense cunt on here and that’s saying something,' line. better still, I'll just ignore you in future, life is too short to get involved with Mr angry types. 

It’s almost as if my whole post was about having a grievance about paying for extra subscriptions that were previously in the one.  It’s like you try to do outdo yourself with even more stupidity every time you post.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You need to relax a bit. We all get ripped off with the footy. 

Join my illegal stream thread where we report illegal free streams to the authorities. 

It’s the internet I’m just calling people out for being thick.  It’s hardly crime or the century.  I’m going the game later anyway so I’m more moaning about the Boxing Day games which will be a day ruined because you know most pubs won’t be showing the footy.

30 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It’s the internet I’m just calling people out for being thick.  It’s hardly crime or the century.  I’m going the game later anyway so I’m more moaning about the Boxing Day games which will be a day ruined because you know most pubs won’t be showing the footy.

Big match beaut.......

10 hours ago, The Guest said:

Do you have a personality disorder or something?

I'm going to watch the Amazon thing and I'm looking forward to it. Its all good on my end chump.