You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oculus Quest

On 23/11/2021 at 23:36, Scooby Dudek said:

Cheers, so the connection to computer would be purely for purchases, etc ? 

As I said I know nothing about this but always thought you needed a pc/laptop to connect them too. 

No excuses... 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/oculus-quest-2-vr-gaming-headset-128gb-ps50-john-lewis-gift-card-2-year-guarantee-ps299-256gb-ps399-at-john-lewis-partners-3830806

• 4 weeks later...

You can play alot of games in vr with 3rd party mods seen RDR2 and loads of other stuff. Back in days of DK1 there was very little out so a huge % used stuff like VorpX to make compatible. The games made for 2d always seemed to make me more sick than usual.

In other news we make Q2 stocks for 1st person shooters and not been able to keep up with demand recently, it's been crazy. We can't really afford to throw money at more 3d printers (have 3 more coming already). Looks like it has potential to turn into a proper buisness rather than a side gig. Don't really know what we are doing buisness wise but few people have been kind enough to help with advice, logos and artwork etc in exchange for a stock. Have to wait until after christmas and see what demand is like then look at things again. Shame brexit has fucked us over, everyting takes longer and is more expensive. However,  we sell direct rather than export / import large quantities so are a little shielded from the idiotic mess somewhat.

If you want something to have a laugh with family Christmas day grab Beat Saber dead simple and anyone can pick it up and play, can have family tournament. Half Life: Alex or Resident Evil 4VR if you want horror / atmospheric. If you like online 1st person shooters Contractors is decent.

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Got one off the Mrs for Christmas. Only had a little  go on Beat Saber (which was a laugh) and opened up the Mission: ISS Quest. It's mindblowing. Kinda stood in space as the ISS floats over you. Looking forward to getting more from it.

ForeVR darts and premium bowling are boss. Vader Immortal is brilliant too. So much good stuff, impossible to recommend it all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, old skool tom said:

Just got my lad one,hes obsessed with it already…….

do i have go buy all games from the official app if we dont have a pc to keep it plugged  into?

all new to me this

Pretty much yes. 

There's also Sidequest which you can use to sideload stuff to the headset. You would need a pc of some description to use it but don't need anything powerful to actually run the game. I would put the website link here but TLW seems to be fucked on mobile and won't allow posting links. 

There's also been a Quest bundle with a load of cheap games on either Fanatical or Humble. Think that's a one off so far though. 

On 06/03/2022 at 23:17, cloggypop said:

Pretty much yes. 

There's also Sidequest which you can use to sideload stuff to the headset. You would need a pc of some description to use it but don't need anything powerful to actually run the game. I would put the website link here but TLW seems to be fucked on mobile and won't allow posting links. 

There's also been a Quest bundle with a load of cheap games on either Fanatical or Humble. Think that's a one off so far though. 

Is that true, you can't use sidequest unless from a PC?