You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) Premier League - 30/11/19 - 15:00

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

I was out this afternoon and it was much less stressful checking the score a couple of times and just seeing us winning!

I had the opposite experience during the Sheffield United game. I was out as well but in that case I kept looking at the score and thinking "shit when are we going to score!"

Glad you've had a chilled one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Him and VAR have missed an even more relevant fact that should have seen it chalked off.

Should not have counted.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-13---free-kicks

'If, when a free kick is taken, an attacking team player is less than 1 m (1 yd) from a ‘wall’ formed by three or more defending team players, an indirect free kick is awarded.'

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-13---free-kicks

(Law 13: Free Kicks - under 'Offences & Sanctions')

Where is VAR on that then?

SN5dCKZi?format=jpg&name=600x314

After the game, I was looking up the free kick rules and indeed found the rule you did and my first thought was their players were less than 1m away. 

Knowing the independent Premier league refs club they will probably say "as Liverpool had not finished lining up their wall (due to our cheating Ref blowing his whistle) there was no wall and therefore the Brighton players could not be stood next to the non existent wall."  

6 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

After the game, I was looking up the free kick rules and indeed found the rule you did and my first thought was their players were less than 1m away. 

Knowing the independent Premier league refs club they will probably say "as Liverpool had not finished lining up their wall (due to our cheating Ref blowing his whistle) there was no wall and therefore the Brighton players could not be stood next to the non existent wall."  

Nailed on

Martin Atkinson is an utter, total fucking cunt with an agenda against Liverpool Football Club. Im not a violent person but Id happily punch atkinson so hard he'd have to shove a tooth brush up his fucking arsehole to clean his teeth. I hope he has a fucking accident, the cunt.

There's no beef about the red whatsoever. But since when did atkinson decide on a degree of lattitude over who and when a 'quick' free kick is allowed? How can this cunt pull back one of our quick free kicks, against city if memory serves, because their players 'we're not in position or ready' when he's done the complete opposite today?

Un fucking believable reffing from this cunt. He really needs calling out but I see all the print and spoken media put the blame on us. But how can you not allow a replacement keeper to take up position and organise his defence and allow the attacking team a clear and unmitigated advantage?

I just dont get it, no matter what anyone says. That cunt just wanted to fuck us over. Good on Jordan for getting in his face and telling him straight.

As far as the game, what a magnificent tribute to the 96. What two magnificent headers by Virgil. What a magnificent 11 point lead to hold even if Jurgen is probably right that it will be 8 after Leicester play the shite tomorrow.

Did I say atkinson is a fucking cunt and he really should watch his back now?

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Martin Atkinson is an utter, total fucking cunt with an agenda against Liverpool Football Club. Im not a violent person but Id happily punch atkinson so hard he'd have to shove a tooth brush up his fucking arsehole to clean his teeth. I hope he has a fucking accident, the cunt.

There's no beef about the red whatsoever. But since when did atkinson decide on a degree of lattitude over who and when a 'quick' free kick is allowed? How can this cunt pull back one of our quick free kicks, against city if memory serves, because their players 'we're not in position or ready' when he's done the complete opposite today?

Un fucking believable reffing from this cunt. He really needs calling out but I see all the print and spoken media put the blame on us. But how can you not allow a replacement keeper to take up position and organise his defence and allow the attacking team a clear and unmitigated advantage?

I just dont get it, no matter what anyone says. That cunt just wanted to fuck us over. Good on Jordan for getting in his face and telling him straight.

As far as the game, what a magnificent tribute to the 96. What two magnificent headers by Virgil. What a magnificent 11 point lead to hold even if Jurgen is probably right that it will be 8 after Leicester play the shite tomorrow.

Did I say atkinson is a fucking cunt and he really should watch his back now?

Agreed the free kick thing was a load of arse. In any case all's well that ends well and hopefully we won't have to see him again for a bit. 

59 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

On reading the post you’ve quoted I went back to take a look at the Sky app video. When he kicks the ball I reckon the distance is about a metre - the Brighton player actually moves towards the wall as the ball is travelling. Dunk actually takes a couple of steps of a run up. Yes the whistle shouldn’t have been blown but I don’t think the above is a valid reason for it to be chalked off. 

0A43F53D-69CE-4CCB-B94E-B6C0428A91E7.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

On reading the post you’ve quoted I went back to take a look at the Sky app video. When he kicks the ball I reckon the distance is about a metre - the Brighton player actually moves towards the wall as the ball is travelling. Dunk actually takes a couple of steps of a run up. Yes the whistle shouldn’t have been blown but I don’t think the above is a valid reason for it to be chalked off. 

0A43F53D-69CE-4CCB-B94E-B6C0428A91E7.jpeg

As far as I'm aware it's not in the remit of VAR to check the correct or incorrect distance of a wall.  I don't think there is any law on waiting for the keeper, just like there is no law on checking with the keepers before kick off. What there is is common courtesy, unfortunately  Atkinson is a cunt and cunts often behave like cunts.

• Upvote 1

About 15 years ago there was a spate of quick free kicks being scored when the opposition wasn't set up. Thierry Henry was a major beneficiary.

Because it is a very "cheap" goal, a direction was introduced that indicated the whistle should not be blown until the defence is ready. I know the substitution meant a long delay but Atkinson is out of order allowing the kick to be taken when it was. I surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. I'm not holding my breath that MOTD will comment.

We’ve got to cut this sloppiness out of our play. Brighton picked up on it and just waited for us to send a simple pass straight back to them and broke on us with ease today. 

Firmino and salah are our worst culprits for this and have been doing it for weeks and I’ve noticed it creeping into Alison’s game. 

Let’s start getting these games won comfortably and piss this league with ease.