You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite films of the 1960s. One film per year.

Mike D

I found this harder than the 1970s post. Trying to narrow each year down to one. 
Im a big fan of 1960s films. I like a lot of the lesser known british films. All well before my time Im 36.

Anyway heres my selection, I could have picked at least 3 for most years.

1960. School for scoundrels.

1961. Payroll.

1962. Dr No

1963. From Russia with Love.

1964. Dr Strangelove.

1965. The Ipcress file.

1966. Alfie
1967. Robbery.

1968. Ice station zebra.

1969. The Italian job.

1960 - The Apartment

1961 - Yojimbo

1962 - Lawrence of Arabia

1963 - 8 1/2

1964 - Dr Strangelove

1965 - Alphaville

1966 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (also, pretentious answer Au Hazard Balthazar)

1967 - The Graduate

1968 - Night of the Living Dead (beating Once upon a time in the west and 2001, fucking hell)

1969 - The Wild Bunch

I like a lot of what has been said above, The Graduate is a favourite.

62- 64 was the hardest to pick for me. 

I could just easily have had, The War lover, The Quare fellow, The Great escape, Marnie, Zulu, Goldfinger, The train....

Basically anything with Michael Caine, Steve McQueen, Stanley Baker, Patrick McGoohan, Sean Connery.

• Upvote 1