You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial sack race

niallers

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

A toss up between Pellegrini and Silva Id say and I think it's too close to call who'd go first. Flores at Watford will also be in the mix.

Cannot see united sacking solskjaer. I think they'll soldier on with him to the end of the season and will have agreed with Pochettino to take over.

And they shouldn't, because he is doing a bang-up job so far. In fact, he and Ewar Woowar should have their contracts extended with hefty pay rises.

Everton would be better off going for a Moyes-type (or the Moysiah himself) and change their transfer strategy back to signing bums from the Mancs plus the odd clogger from the lower leagues. That is what works for them. If they can't get Moyes, then it has to be old Sparky. He'd certainly align himself with the fans because he also whinges non-stop. The thing is, it's less 'siege mentality' and more 'woe is me'.

Pellegrini and West Ham have been lethargic for months now. One of their creative sparks is injured (Lanzini) and the other (Anderson) looks disinterested at times. They've already been down the LMA Brexiteer route so I'm not sure where they can turn. Maybe if Silva gets the boot at Everton, he might decide to take the West Ham job if offered.

Not sure what to make of Flores at Watford. They've been on the slide ever since they decided to make a go of the FA Cup last season. The manager Gracia and the players took their eye off the ball in the league and, despite a change of manager and another massive turnover of squad players, they haven't managed to change that mentality. It happens all the time with the smaller clubs when they go on a cup run. Getting ruined by City twice hasn't helped because it was all ultimately in vain anyway.

• Upvote 1