You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (H) Champions League 27/11/19 - 8pm

Bjornebye

To me with Gomez, it's not about whether he's playing right back or in the middle. He's just been shite since he came back from his injury, period. I think he's losing it. It's flagrant to me that Lovren, who was going to be out the door, has leapfrogged him. That shouldn't have happened but it's the right call.

6 hours ago, Jennings said:

The time wasting is a crime against football. The worst offender wasn't the keeper or even their most cynical snidey player, it was the Ref. He seemed to fall for every time wasting trick, then make it worse by talking to them one at a time - wasting even more time.

Appalling understanding of the game from the official.

Just to be clear, I am not in any way blaming the result on this.

I referee, sometimes you allow time wasting because you appreciate the breather. It shouldn't happen at that level but I reckon it does because everyone of them allows it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Imagine if they officiated the game like the NFL as far as the clock goes. Stop it due to a break in play and add time back on for certain situations. The average game would go on for 100 minutes +. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

To me with Gomez, it's not about whether he's playing right back or in the middle. He's just been shite since he came back from his injury, period. I think he's losing it. It's flagrant to me that Lovren, who was going to be out the door, has leapfrogged him. That shouldn't have happened but it's the right call.

I read a little something recently from someone who apparently knows his family, and Joe has been dealing with something in the background.  They didn't elaborate, but it's obviously pretty serious if it's affecting his form.  All this shit with that slimy fucking cocksucker Sterling hasn't helped either.  The club are supporting him through it, and the supporters should too.

It's not often an extremely talented and dedicated young professional player with his career ahead of him will just "lose it" without something going on in his life.  Just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Long term he'll be fine, he couldn't have a better manager or team captain putting their arm around his shoulder when he needs it most.  And making sure his private life remains just that.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Imagine if they officiated the game like the NFL as far as the clock goes. Stop it due to a break in play and add time back on for certain situations. The average game would go on for 100 minutes +. 

Do away with HT and let the players have a quarter of an orange whilst they change ends

My first game in the main stand, lovely.

The performance was flat but as mentioned not helped by the ref stopping the game all the bastard time. Hopefully not see Gomez at right back again although I can understand Jurgen wanting to give him some game time.

10 minutes ago, A Red said:

My first game in the main stand, lovely.

The performance was flat but as mentioned not helped by the ref stopping the game all the bastard time. Hopefully not see Gomez at right back again although I can understand Jurgen wanting to give him some game time.

Upper tier? 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Posh twat. Lovely stand though. That upper tier is a piece of piss for getting a beer. Set out so well. 

You get free halftime beer in there, its not easy downing 4 pints in 15 minutes. My uncle and my 2 cousins have season tickets in there, luckily for me my cousins are on holiday. 

16 minutes ago, A Red said:

You get free halftime beer in there, its not easy downing 4 pints in 15 minutes. My uncle and my 2 cousins have season tickets in there, luckily for me my cousins are on holiday. 

Free booze is a pain in the arse. I got a freebie for the Barca sent final in the Dalglish stand. Free bar free food the whole lot. Red wine chasers just don't lend themselves to a good time. 

I had a boss time. 

Gomez is deservedly getting a lot of stick for last night but he got next to no help from Salah who is either playing with an injury or going through a massive slump in form.  I think we'd have carried more threat on the right if Elliot had played. 

9 hours ago, aws said:

Gomez is deservedly getting a lot of stick for last night but he got next to no help from Salah who is either playing with an injury or going through a massive slump in form.  I think we'd have carried more threat on the right if Elliot had played. 

A 16 year old instead of one of the best players in the world? Not in my book.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, J-V said:

Me too. Ref was an aabsolute cunt as well.  For whatever reason I'm not looking forward to Tuesday. 

I never looked forward to games. 

Always shitting it. These arnt a bad side and can score goals. The first goals massive. 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I never looked forward to games. 

Always shitting it. These arnt a bad side and can score goals. The first goals massive. 

Two shit decisions against Napoli both ties have cost us. They are a horrible team with an awful set of fans. Mt Vesuvius erupted 1940 years too early.