You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (H) Champions League 27/11/19 - 8pm

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Glad to se the back of those fuckwits. We make them look like Milan of 95.

Theres been a real lethargy in the side in the last month. They need to pull their fingers out. Also we need some reinforcements in Jan or the season could fall down. We need a few match winning midfielders. Its all too samey.

Yep. We need someone with balls who can take it through the middle.

Yet again the lack of any suitable cover fucked us.   A centre back replacing one of the most creative full backs in the game. 

A few more looking fucked and a few carrying injury that we can't dare rest.   We're running a few of these into the ground and it's not even December. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

He's been sulking a bit since he didn't waltz back into the team after his recovery imo. His positioning in defence is woeful and he adds little in an attacking sense which is something our full backs need to offer in the way we play with only 3 in M/F. He wasn't shit tonight, but he wasn't great either. Hopefully he'll sort his head out, because when we have used him he hasn't been at the races. I actually cringe when we use him as a R/B as he's shite there. 

I think that’s seriously harsh. What basis are all do you have for saying the lad is sulking.

when he first came in to the team playing fullback A few years ago he looked decent there but his defensive positioning was always suspect and everyone talked of him being a centre half.

going forward he was just ok.

that was before we had the two best attacking (possibly all round) full backs in the league, and so his attacking limitations are more contrasting.

• Upvote 1

The time wasting is a crime against football. The worst offender wasn't the keeper or even their most cynical snidey player, it was the Ref. He seemed to fall for every time wasting trick, then make it worse by talking to them one at a time - wasting even more time.

Appalling understanding of the game from the official.

Just to be clear, I am not in any way blaming the result on this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah you're right. As Niallers said i'd leave him out of the derby if he isn't 100 percent. Think they will be fierce snide and we can't do with him getting a new knock.

It’s an idea like, we are at home and we will see a lot of the ball. We need a few players in January, go for that Berge at Genk, give Fabinho arest more often.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

The time wasting is a crime against football. The worst offender wasn't the keeper or even their most cynical snidey player, it was the Ref. He seemed to fall for every time wasting trick, then make it worse by talking to them one at a time - wasting even more time.

Appalling understanding of the game from the official.

Just to be clear, I am not in any way blaming the result on this.

It's such a good point, Fawlty... refs who like the sound of their own voice are the biggest time-wasters of all in a game.

Fuck off with your lectures, it's not a university hall.  Or go and officiate rugby Union with that Welsh ref.

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Our results have been fantastic so far this season so I have no criticisms when we have the occasional blip , but my worry is that we look jaded already with a shedload of games coming up thick and fast. Jurgen has been very conservative with his use of the squad and certain senior players look on their knees. His main task up to Xmas will be to integrate the likes of Origi, Shaq, Keita, Lallana and Ox on occasions and still keeping the results rolling in.

9 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Good post. I would also add Curtis Jones to that list. He’s looked ready to take the step from what I’ve seen. The other youngsters haven’t unfortunately, with the possible exception of Elliot.

2 good posts. Agree with both. 

I still believe it was a massive gamble to not bring in a forward in the summer. Brewster, despite, all the hype is clearly miles off as anybody could probably have predicted. Salah is playing with an ankle issue, Robbo too. 10 games in December including a trip to Qatar a week before Christmas is unrelenting. 

Biggest worry for me is that trip to Leicester on Boxing Day, fear we’ll be running on fumes by that point against Vardy and co unless we can integrate more players into the starting 11 more often. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

I have no doubt had Trent played 90 we would have had a lot more momentum

10 hours ago, viRdjil said:

We were even worse with Trent. We lost all the momentum we had built the minute he stepped on the pitch.

Agree with both points. Ox and Hendo were ripping them apart down the right during their time there together 

Keeping everything crossed Fabinho isn't out for too long. 

Thought Ox was poor when he came on yesterday, didn't quite get up to speed with the game and touch and decision making was off.

We really could do with Keita getting fit, because he's the type of player who can make a difference in the sorts of games we've got coming up

There was absolutely no foul on VVD for their goal. The big man saw how shit the ref was and thought he'd try it on a bit and the officials simply didn't buy it. Rightly in my view. It was an unusually poor decision by the big man given the position he was in at the time. Onwards and upwards,hopefully and not a bad result considering the performance overall was not our best.

13 hours ago, Daisy said:

We need to buy in Janaury otherwise losing to Salzburg might not be the worst outcome.

If we lose to Salzburg, aren't we in to Europa League territory? 

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'd be tempted to wrap him in cotton wool till the Salzburg game myself. He will be vital for that. Its going to be arse on the edge of the seat over there, especially if they score first

Tempted also. Lets be honest we should be beating most teams without him, but where someone comes to have a go, or in big games, he's essential. 

As for Brighton, I've not seen a lot of them, but we should be controlling most of that game, they'll sit deep though they do play football, and Lallana / Shaqiri / Origi should be getting a look in to offer creativity, and give others a break. Whisper it, but I'd be tempted to consider Gomez & Lovren at the back to give VVD a break before what is going to be a big period. He's played pretty much them all for us & a few international game too and whilst it's a different position, different need, he's going to be needed for Salzburg & Everton and you'd want him in good shape come Leicester. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I think that’s seriously harsh. What basis are all do you have for saying the lad is sulking.

when he first came in to the team playing fullback A few years ago he looked decent there but his defensive positioning was always suspect and everyone talked of him being a centre half.

going forward he was just ok.

that was before we had the two best attacking (possibly all round) full backs in the league, and so his attacking limitations are more contrasting.

Harsh or not, It's just how I see things. Quite clearly he is poor at RB so I'm not even going to go there. When he has played CB since his injury he doesn't look switched on to me. His positional play is very poor as well compared to pre-injury. The lad said himself that he's frustrated at the lack of playing time he's getting. I just don't think he's a happy bunny. It would be great if he could start playing like we know he can, fact is he's behind both Matip and Lovren for that second CB spot alongside VVD unless players pick up injuries or need resting. We really do need cover for TAA, I'm guessing Clyne was the plan until he broke down again. Gomez isn't the answer unless we have weak opposition that our forwards will put to the sword.