Quantcast
Lovren: I had to start again - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLW

Lovren: I had to start again

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Just checked, VvD played 14 league games that season

Yes, so did I, edited a minute ago, I was sure it must have been more.

Overall he’s not that bad a player. When he is bad though...fuck me he is shite.

Also very dislikable for me. His face, his comments, his arrogance, everything.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, belarus said:

Overall he’s not that bad a player. When he is bad though...fuck me he is shite.

Also very dislikable for me. His face, his comments, his arrogance, everything.

Which isn't really good enough in that area of the pitch when we pretty much need to win week In week out now. 

Him and Lallana are the last of the weak links, two players who will joining much smaller clubs very soon. 

As always the truth lies in between.

He is neither shite, nor is he the best defender in the world. 

He is a solid centerback who has a mistake in him, but whose play is often very solid for long stretches of time. Unfortunately those solid periods are often overshadowed by the comic errors he commits.

Lovren is ok these days with VVD alongside and Fab in front . He was a major problem pre- Virg when he simply couldn’t hold a line when we were under pressure . Dropping back with Mig in goal often ended badly . This aside there is always a brain fart ready to escape. 
Still with better players around he can do the job required more often than not 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redinthehead said:

As always the truth lies in between.

He is neither shite, nor is he the best defender in the world. 

He is a solid centerback who has a mistake in him, but whose play is often very solid for long stretches of time. Unfortunately those solid periods are often overshadowed by the comic errors he commits.

He hasn’t played 7 games on the trot has he. So not too long the stretches.

• Upvote 1

Let's just take a moment to appreciate that we're bickering over which of three very, very good centre-backs should be first-choice alongside the world's best defender.

It hasn't always been like this. 

• Upvote 5

On 22/11/2019 at 08:29, Bruce Spanner said:

If we now win this and break the Lovren curse I’ll genuinely start believing.

The big mouthed blurt.

Right, I’m in now.

Libpool, top o’the league, libpool, libpool, top o’the league!

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Right, I’m in now.

Libpool, top o’the league, libpool, libpool, top o’the league!

*Slides open the door of the Dejan fan van*

Step inside, my friend. We’ve got sweets and poorly kittens. 

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

All of us Lovren supporters should hire a vehicle, paste his image all over it and take it on tour to convince others how boss he is. 

The Dejan fan van. 

Well up for this. 

8 hours ago, Pidge said:

Not the Dejan Love Van?

Different organization. And it should be the Dejan Love Train.

"People all over the world, join in, Dejan Lovren, Lovren."

• Like 1

On 22/11/2019 at 12:42, Bjornebye said:

I still don't know if he is shit or not. Sometimes he looks really shit and sometimes he is like Baresi. 

Don’t be a fucking bellend all your life! 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Any news on the injury? 

From the Echo:

Jurgen Klopp played down fears that Dejan Lovren could face a spell on the sidelines after the Croatian limped off in Liverpool’s 3-0 victory over Bournemouth .

Having seen Adam Lallana and Gini Wijnaldum ruled out before the game, the Reds were given an unwanted scare just before the break as the defender limped off after receiving treatment with Trent Alexander-Arnold coming on in his place and Joe Gomez switching to centre-back.

Facing the threat of having only two available senior centre-backs heading into the festive period with Joel Matip still sidelined, Klopp revealed the defender actually wanted to carry on only to be overruled by his manager but was satisfied it wasn’t a serious setback.

“As always we don’t know exactly but it doesn’t look serious,” he said. “It looks like a little cramp. That’s what I think at the moment but I don’t know 100 percent.

“He felt something, he told us. He wanted to get through to half time, receive treatment and carry on but we said no and stopped it there.

“That’s the status quo when you have these kind of things in this moment of the season.

It’s similar to Gini and Lallana as it’s not serious but serious to keep them out so now we have two days to make sure they can go again.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-gives-update-dejan-17381884

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Pearce reporting Lovren says he has a hamstring problem . Doesn't bode well 

That’s a shame. He’s done so well too. Opens the door for BJG I guess. I hope he takes it with open arms.

14 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Pearce reporting Lovren says he has a hamstring problem . Doesn't bode well 

It doesnt. We should find someone to play alongside Gomez in the so called world cup. Rest Van Dijk for the league until Matip and/or Lovren are back.