You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Medal Draft Voting Table

Bjornebye

Vote for the best 2 sides   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the best 2 sides

14 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

those are the best. they actually encourage learning about the game From other players picks & reflecting on merits of past players/ teams. listing balon d’Or winners from the past 30 years ad infinitum is drab.

I know. It becomes a race to get Messi or C Ronaldo then after that the likes of Zanetti/Thuram/Cafu etc. Great every now and then but when 5 drafts in a row are just the same team mixed around it gets shit. 

Take it you two are on the list for that I suggested with the list then? I won't start it for a few weeks like. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I know. It becomes a race to get Messi or C Ronaldo then after that the likes of Zanetti/Thuram/Cafu etc. Great every now and then but when 5 drafts in a row are just the same team mixed around it gets shit. 

Take it you two are on the list for that I suggested with the list then? I won't start it for a few weeks like. 

I'll be in whatever.

If we do go with the list previously posted, can I suggest that we drop Bolton & Boro'? Too many English sides, plus those 2 are a fair bit behind the other teams in terms of pedigree, imho.

Perhaps replace them with Lyon & Valencia, or equivalent? So...

West Ham

Lyon

PSV

Benfica

Fiorentina

Schalke

Everton

Galatasaray

Lazio

Valencia

Leeds

5 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

I'll be in whatever.

If we do go with the list previously posted, can I suggest that we drop Bolton & Boro'? Too many English sides, plus those 2 are a fair bit behind the other teams in terms of pedigree, imho.

Perhaps replace them with Lyon & Valencia, or equivalent? So...

West Ham

Lyon

PSV

Benfica

Fiorentina

Schalke

Everton

Galatasaray

Lazio

Valencia

Leeds

Thats the whole point though mate and if you look at thesis (Boro 1997 for example) they have both had decent players. I personally like the 90's Premier League nostalgia. 

I'm still trying to design a draft where I can wedge Jan Age Fjortoft respectably into my attack. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats the whole point though mate and if you look at thesis (Boro 1997 for example) they have both had decent players. I personally like the 90's Premier League nostalgia. 

I'm still trying to design a draft where I can wedge Jan Age Fjortoft respectably into my attack. 

I get that, but, 5 English clubs? Overkill maybe?

As I said, I'm in regardless (so long as life doesn't get in the way).