You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino

Jennings

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Bizarre because as has been said many times - he loves spending money and Levy doesn't. One of them is going to have to rethink their views or it'll be a short appointment. Predictions:

• He always goes after a dressing room Big Dog on day one, puts his nose out of joint to show who's boss. My money is on Lloris - he'll be frozen out and arguing with Mou Mou via L'Equipe by Easter and no mistake.
  • He'll go balls deep to win the FA Cup. If he succeeds, that's his exit manifesto sorted - he'll be on Sky Sports covering Mancs/Spurs in a couple of years time, proudly pointing out his Community Shield and Europa League record at the mancs, and how he won more than Saint Poch in his time at Spurs and was "first Spurs manager in years to win major trophy." There'll be a mess of a financial legacy at Spurs as well and his successor will be working on a shoestring and he'll have done better than him too.

I was starting to enjoy him on punditry and I'd rather listen to him than Neville or Redknapp. Looks like the unlikely Wenger/Mou Mou bromance is over for the moment though.

Mou, Manny? Mou Problems. Negged.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Honestly more in shock about this than Poch getting sacked. 

51pWCqsd3SL._SY400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07Z8BBZYC/ref=tmm_fbs_acd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Amazon Exclusive Version with Chris Kamara Christmas Card.”

Also, Santa Baby? Sung by a man? What the fuck?

13 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Honestly more in shock about this than Poch getting sacked. 

51pWCqsd3SL._SY400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07Z8BBZYC/ref=tmm_fbs_acd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I like Kamara, he seems like a good guy and is a bit of a novelty act with his 'Unbelievable' mantra. Behind the scenes he could be a complete cunt like.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It was always a matter of when and not if. Seems a strange time to sack him when they had a the international break to part company at the start of it and get a manager in place for the returning players. Mourinho will bomb at spurs if he was to be appointed because they have a shit defence and half of them want away anyway. I just can't see Levy backing Mourniho with top money so he can bring in all the defensive minded players he would want. Anyway, fuck Spurs and their horrible fans. 

2 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

If those core players were at their peak I'd see the logic but half of them are out of contract in the summer and seem past it anyway. Plus they don't have the money he will want or need. It seems a bizarre time to bring someone like him in. 

He might do what he did at Inter Milan - extract the last dregs out of an ageing team then leave when they all need replacing but there's not enough money to do that. 

Overall, I expect he'll steady the shit and make them hard to beat, maybe win a Cup, then leave them in the shit. 

5 minutes ago, aws said:

He might do what he did at Inter Milan - extract the last dregs out of an ageing team then leave when they all need replacing but there's not enough money to do that. 

Overall, I expect he'll steady the shit and make them hard to beat, maybe win a Cup, then leave them in the shit. 

Win a few titles and a champions league? I FUCKING HOPE NOT. 

• Upvote 1

Watching the Spurs supporters interviewed around the place, I'm not sure if they're in denial or just genuinely want to win at trophy a all costs? They might achieve that now, FA or Carabao Cup, but there will be one hell of a price to pay when he departs under a cloud leaving behind an ageing squad and nasty atmosphere.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think Mourinho could win the Europa with Spurs

I can see him falling out with the likes of Kane and Ali pretty quick. Might be some canny plan of his to sell players on to his next intended victim club. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I can see him falling out with the likes of Kane and Ali pretty quick. Might be some canny plan of his to sell players on to his next intended victim club. 

Yeah I can see them two falling out over who is the special one.... 

• Upvote 1