You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino

Jennings

22 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Put Sky Sports News on there for some Mourinhobollocks. Advert comes on for a Chris Kamara Chrimbo album. It's real. It's not a joke. Chris Kamara has actually released a Chrimbo album. 

Head's spinning here. 

Wife came in as I was listening to this;

I blame you.

• Upvote 1

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:45, El Rojo said:

For all the talk of Pochettino being a huge talent as a manger, he's yet to actually win anything.

I'm not sure he or any other manager would improve Man United hugely as they're a mess from top to bottom.  And they can't exactly give it to him if Ole is still producing the goods in the odd mid-table six-pointer.

I think, at this point, with us and City so dominant in the league. that you can still be a very good manager and not win anything. 

I think Pochettino did remarkably well considering what he had to work with.

Bear in mind that the season before he arrived, Spurs' top scorer that season was Adebayor, their captain was Michael Dawson, and that fat fuck Sandro was in midfield.

Then 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, and then a season with no transfer budget where they get 4th and are runners up in the CL.  On the face of it, it's more than good enough for what is widely considered London's 3rd biggest team. 

• Upvote 5

You can absolutely be a very good manager without winning stuff. The top 1% of clubs win almost every trophy and Spurs are not a top 1% club.

And Pochettino was usually putting them in position to threaten for trophies, which is pretty much all you can ask for at a club like Spurs at the moment he took over as manager.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can absolutely be a very good manager without winning stuff. The top 1% of clubs win almost every trophy and Spurs are not a top 1% club.

And Pochettino was usually putting them in position to threaten for trophies, which is pretty much all you can ask for at a club like Spurs at the moment he took over as manager.

Good point also Poch was doing it by spending fuck all.

I’ve seen a lot of talk about levy is a shrewd business man spurs are on the verge of losing a few high profile players for free with their contracts running down. 

It’ll be interesting to see if they give that bus parking prick loads of money to spend.

My problem with Pochettino was that his big signings, the one he wanted haven't performed very well. Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Sanchez are all not great. Then Harry Kane just came up. Pochettino didn't pick Son for the first 6 months of signing him and he only got an extended spell when Kane was injured. During that spell, he showcased how good a player he was and basically became undroppable. So am not sure whether Pochettino was a little bit lucky or that he is a really good manager. There is no denying he got more out of the players so there is some capability there but the capability to manage Bayern, real or barca? I am not so sure

• Like 1