You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino

Jennings

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

He's unlikely to be given huge money to spend and he was very complimentary of how Klopp built us up- I think him and Levy may have already decided on cashing in on Kane and rebuilding.

It may actually work if he were to spend it on the right players. Kane will be his biggest problem if he stays  

If they cash in on Kane they'd need to make sure he went abroad as I think he'd struggle a bit due to playing style. But if they sold him to another English club it would be madness as he'd come back to haunt them. Probably sell him to United or Arsenal!

Such a strange episode.

I mean, Spurs have no money, by all accounts.  And yet instead of giving Pochettino £18m to buy a new player, they'd rather pay that in compo, and get a manager in who will immediately want more money.

Ok.  So, from that, maybe it's clear that Mourinho and Levy have come to an understanding about how funds are going to be raised, and it's likely that Kane will be sold to fund his kitty.

Maybe the same conversation was had with Pochettino, and he said, 'no way, I'm not selling Kane'.  That would explain Kane's very complimentary tweet about Pochettino, and it would explain why Pochettino needed to be sacked to make way for Mourinho, who had agreed to Levy's plan.

But, really?  Mourinho would sell Kane? Who would be willing to come to Spurs to cover those lost goals?  Who is on the market that would agree to come to Spurs 'to replace Kane'?   Who has Mourinho worked with who would may now be available? 

I wondered if Bale was a factor in this, but Mourinho left Madrid just before Bale joined, so that doesn't seem a plausible thing. 

I just wonder what connections, or what knowledge, is Mourinho bringing to the table that makes him a more likely success story than Pochettino? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The Hamster may be gone BUT nobody had better touch my beloved Emry. 

If I can't hear "good ebening" the world will be a sadder place. 

Spurs will win at the weekend, Arsenal will lose, Robbie will cash in as Claude, DT, Troopz, Club Shop Ty et al lose their minds (such as they are) that they let Mourinho go to the Spuds. He's a proven WINNER fam know wor I'm sayin blud.

Spurs have such a fragmented squad.

Top players:

SON

KANE

SANCHEZ

ALDERWEIRELD

SISSOKO

ERIKSEN

NDOMBELE

However, 

ALLI

I have no idea what this guy is supposed to be doing anymore. 

He started like a house on fire, but he's stagnating in this weird position, it's doing nothing for him and his development, he's stalled.  

Spurs have a lot of mediocre players, like Rose, Winks, Lamela, Wanyama, Dier, Aurier, Moura.  Can Mourinho turn them into something better?  He's not really got a track record for development. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Spurs have such a fragmented squad.

Top players:

SON

KANE

SANCHEZ

ALDERWEIRELD

SISSOKO

ERIKSEN

NDOMBELE

However, 

ALLI

I have no idea what this guy is supposed to be doing anymore. 

He started like a house on fire, but he's stagnating in this weird position, it's doing nothing for him and his development, he's stalled.  

Spurs have a lot of mediocre players, like Rose, Winks, Lamela, Wanyama, Dier, Aurier, Moura.  Can Mourinho turn them into something better?  He's not really got a track record for development. 

I think Sanchez is not very good at all,to be polite.

• Upvote 3

We might see Spurs players start becoming diving shithouses now.

Mourinho is one of those people who appears to say all the right things when he's interviewing for a job, or when he's not at a club and instead is working as a TV pundit. He's complimentary about other teams and managers and there is very little self-promotion. It's all about believing the club already has good players, has a productive academy to pick from, and a need to play a style of football that pleases the fans.

The reality is that once he's a manager again, all the snide comments come out and the self-promotion kicks into overdrive. He will ask the club to buy expensive players already at or just about to pass their peak (many of whom are represented by the likes of Mendes and Raiola), only use young players to prove a point that he needs more money to buy more older, expensive players, and he will promote shit-on-a-stick football that his squad will buy into for 18 months while it gets them results and hefty win bonuses.

The owners will give him a massive new contract at that point, yet also notice a need to reign in the spending as it isn't sustainable financially. Mourinho will start to sulk and fall out with players and the owners, basically daring them to keep him or sack him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

He's unlikely to be given huge money to spend and he was very complimentary of how Klopp built us up- I think him and Levy may have already decided on cashing in on Kane and rebuilding.

It may actually work if he were to spend it on the right players. Kane will be his biggest problem if he stays  

Harry Kane is the most Mourinho player in that squad. With 3 or 4 walking out the door FOC there is zero chance they are selling Kane. The only way this appointment makes sense is they feel he will get 2 or 3 of those to sign new contracts.

He was a pundit for the Spurs game at Anfield and I'm sure he said those players running down their contracts should have been sold so that makes them staying appear unlikely. 

For all the talk of Pochettino being a huge talent as a manger, he's yet to actually win anything.

I'm not sure he or any other manager would improve Man United hugely as they're a mess from top to bottom.  And they can't exactly give it to him if Ole is still producing the goods in the odd mid-table six-pointer.

• Like 1

No need to give this any analysis at all as a child could see how it’s going to go.

1) Adding him to their existing issues is as wise a move as adding Johnson to the festering sore of Brexit.

2) When will we finally be rid of the sight and sound of the tedious clagnut’s routine over here? Surely to fuck this has to be the last go round in English football management now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:Ok.  So, from that, maybe it's clear that Mourinho and Levy have come to an understanding about how funds are going to be raised, and it's likely that Kane will be sold to fund his kitty.

But, really?  Mourinho would sell Kane? Who would be willing to come to Spurs to cover those lost goals?  Who is on the market that would agree to come to Spurs 'to replace Kane'?   Who has Mourinho worked with who would may now be available? 

Ibra!!

• Upvote 1

Setting aside emotion and fan reaction, selling Kane to United next summer would be their best move IMO.

Will be one of their last chances to bank truly insane money for him, probably the peak it will now ever be, before his body comprehensively falls apart over the next couple of years leaving him a shadow of the player, a la Owen, Torres, Sturridge, etc.

Would be seen as Levy fucking them over yet again if it happens and is used for the crucial rebuilding job they have. I think their issue is far, far more who would be spending that dividend and who it would inevitably be mostly squandered on.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Such a strange episode.

I mean, Spurs have no money, by all accounts.  And yet instead of giving Pochettino £18m to buy a new player, they'd rather pay that in compo, and get a manager in who will immediately want more money.

Ok.  So, from that, maybe it's clear that Mourinho and Levy have come to an understanding about how funds are going to be raised, and it's likely that Kane will be sold to fund his kitty.

Maybe the same conversation was had with Pochettino, and he said, 'no way, I'm not selling Kane'.  That would explain Kane's very complimentary tweet about Pochettino, and it would explain why Pochettino needed to be sacked to make way for Mourinho, who had agreed to Levy's plan.

I wondered if Bale was a factor in this, but Mourinho left Madrid just before Bale joined, so that doesn't seem a plausible thing. 

I just wonder what connections, or what knowledge, is Mourinho bringing to the table that makes him a more likely success story than Pochettino? 

1569616053_594240_1569616453_noticia_nor

• Upvote 1