You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino

Jennings

Poch had spurs playing as a team, the team was most important, the only individual allowed was Kane as he scored goals. He made the team better than the sum of their parts.

Mourinho will have a good first 6 months, will demand hundreds of millions to spend thereafter. Will alienate their best players whilst pissing off their fans and will get sacked after 2 years as he will want his payoff. 

I wholeheartedly support this appointment. It is much better when you bring a club down from the inside.

• Upvote 1

Levy is regarded as a smart bloke, this is pure stupid. Getting rid of Poch and hiring Mourniho in itself is not surprising, the manner of it is. 

Poch isn't even in the ground yet and they have moved on, it immediately puts Mournhio needing snookers with the fans who have no time to digest this. There will be spurs fans out there who are not even aware their manager has been sacked and they have already replaced him. Why not sack him 10 days ago and at least pretend they're assessing options?

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I can already picture Jose’s team.

Gazzaniga; Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Wanyama, Sissoko, N’Dombele, Alli; Son, Kane

Alli won't play.

Son and Moura either side of Kane, the three holding midfielders you mentioned, and the four tallest defenders.

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Poch is the one manager I don’t want to end up at United though. As others have said, hopefully he fucks off abroad. 

If they had any sense they'd bin Ole this week and recruit him just as we moved on from Rodgers once we knew Klopp was available. The difference is will Pochettino want a break or hold off till the summer?

I've no doubt this won't happen and they'll stick wil Ole at the wheel for far too long.

He's unlikely to be given huge money to spend and he was very complimentary of how Klopp built us up- I think him and Levy may have already decided on cashing in on Kane and rebuilding.

It may actually work if he were to spend it on the right players. Kane will be his biggest problem if he stays