You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino

Jennings

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This isn't a bad decision. His results in the league for the whole of 2019 were really bad. He'll land on his feet obviously, but he really should have left after last season.

I reckon he probably wanted to go but Levy would have demanded millions in compo. Had he beat us in the final I think he would have gone and they'd have let him with a team paying 15ml or so for him. His option have dried up a bit now. 

There's only really Inter and Juve in Italy, he won't go to Barca, Zidane back at Real. Its the Mancs or Bayern by the looks of it, unless PSG fucked Tuchel off

They've actually been poor since the start of last season, and the CL run papered over the cracks. For a long time, it looked as though they could compete very well considering the didn't pay top wages, and you hardly ever heard of their players being linked to other clubs. That's all changed over the past 18 months and was very apparent over the summer. I think Pochettino has been pushing for the sack and a hefty pay-off rather than choosing to walk. That's the way it's done nowadays.

Only one man for the job.

thumb_captain-bellend-reporting-for-duty

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

I reckon he probably wanted to go but Levy would have demanded millions in compo. Had he beat us in the final I think he would have gone and they'd have let him with a team paying 15ml or so for him. His option have dried up a bit now. 

There's only really Inter and Juve in Italy, he won't go to Barca, Zidane back at Real. Its the Mancs or Bayern by the looks of it, unless PSG fucked Tuchel off

Bayern is the obvious one. He'd get that job tomorrow.

Have said it before but Pochettino is very much a victim of Rafa-syndrome there. Should have jumped while his stock was high. They’ve got a nice shiny stadium but Levy has set the manager up to fail with the lack of investment into the team prior to this summer - by which time it was already too late with most of their key players alienated or past their best.