You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

I hope Marr is pissed off with all this stuff about him being a lightweight compared to Neil and he just gives him tons of shit to try and prove people wrong.

Johnson probably just says "Get Brexit done" instead of "No" like he does here when he can't follow what's been said in his earpiece too.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking that RP , Marr must be thinking that people are taking the piss out of him , and I hope that will rile him into dialling down his obsequiousness to Tories. Having said that he even got told to apologise for suggesting Ugly inside Patel was smiling a few weeks ago , so I can't imagine the producers will let him do too much.

That fucking BBC statement about the terrorist attack meaning the country really needs to see Johnson , is pathetic.

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

I was thinking that RP , Marr must be thinking that people are taking the piss out of him , and I hope that will rile him into dialling down his obsequiousness to Tories. Having said that he even got told to apologise for suggesting Ugly inside Patel was smiling a few weeks ago , so I can't imagine the producers will let him do too much.

That fucking BBC statement about the terrorist attack meaning the country really needs to see Johnson , is pathetic.

Marr will probably be his usual twat self but at least with Boris being that bad in interviews with his get brexit done bullshit there's the (99.9%) chance of him making more of an idiot of himself. BBC are definitely taking the piss too, if he uses this as a platform to dig at Labour though it could backfire even more as he'll rightly be called out for using the deaths from the attack to score points.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Marr will probably be his usual twat self but at least with Boris being that bad in interviews with his get brexit done bullshit there's the (99.9%) chance of him making more of an idiot of himself. BBC are definitely taking the piss too, if he uses this as a platform to dig at Labour though it could backfire even more as he'll rightly be called out for using the deaths from the attack to score points.

Priti Patel has had a nightmare today on twitter. Problem is most Conservatives/Brexit wanks are over 75 and don't read the truth. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Sums the current state of the BBC up, they are slowly turning into everything they once claimed to despise. Mind you, the whole corporation has probably been rotten to the bone for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Priti Patel has had a nightmare today on twitter. Problem is most Conservatives/Brexit wanks are over 75 and don't read the truth. 

Have been reading about that too. Ended up reading this to try and understand it better, wasn't too easy though after a decent sized glass of baileys and the last black wych I had (the Patel part can be seen at the end, the rest of it is background on the law and sentencing of the attacker) : https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/11/30/10-thing-you-should-know-about-the-london-bridge-attacker-and-early-release/

Maybe Johnson will make everything way worse later by pointing the finger at Labour on this subject, wouldn't be surprised at all. It could be that they're just risking it anyway knowing it's complicated and that a lot of people won't look into the details.

44 minutes ago, SasaS said:

?

They're scared of a hung parliament so they're blaming Labour for everything. The entire appearance on Marr was probably just to attack them. Cummings said this on his blog not long back, Tories might have a more accurate picture than the polls we're seeing :

“You will see many polls in the coming days. Some will say Boris will win. Trust me, as someone who has worked on lots of campaigns, things are MUCH tighter than they seem and there is a very real possibility of a hung parliament,” he said. “Without a majority, the nightmare continues. ALL other MPs will gang together to stop Brexit and give EU citizens the vote. It’s that simple.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/27/dominic-cummings-tells-brexiters-election-is-tighter-than-it-looks

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

They're scared of a hung parliament so they're blaming Labour for everything. The entire appearance on Marr was probably just to attack them. Cummings said this on his blog not long back, Tories might have a more accurate picture than the polls we're seeing :

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/27/dominic-cummings-tells-brexiters-election-is-tighter-than-it-looks

Actual result may not eventually support it, but consensus among the analysts seems to be it's their election to lose, all they have to do is try not to screw up too much over the next 10 days. For what it's worth, they did great in the two most important polls and are keeping the margin at 7 to 12 percentage points in others, with about 70 percent of their voters already deciding how to vote. What you quote is more like a rallying call not to stay home thinking it's over, vote if you want Brexit done etc.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What you quote is more like a rallying call not to stay home thinking it's over, vote if you want Brexit done etc.

Could be, I don't think they're confident though and Labour usually close the gap the more an election campaign goes on with Corbyn. So if some of the polls show Labour picking up a few more percentage points over the next week or so I think we're probably in hung parliament territory.

I saw my best mate last night, his parents, particularly his mum are the textbook affluent middle class Tory voters.

She said that her and many of her Tory voting friends despise Johnson and are terrified at the idea of him and his cronies running the party long term. They want Johnson to lose this election, allow Corbyn in, wait until next year when the Anti-Semitism report comes out which they think will finish Corbyn and force both Labour and the Tories back to supporting a more moderate leader.

Have to say this is a very good way of persuading the non Brexity type tories of off their party. 

Rishi Sunak - Conservative Party
Richard Burgon - Labour Party
Jo Swinson – Liberal Democrats leader
Nicola Sturgeon – Scottish National Party leader
Nigel Farage – Brexit Party leader
Sian Berry – Green Party co-leader
Adam Price – Plaid Cymru leader

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Rishi Sunak - Conservative Party
Richard Burgon - Labour Party
Jo Swinson – Liberal Democrats leader
Nicola Sturgeon – Scottish National Party leader
Nigel Farage – Brexit Party leader
Sian Berry – Green Party co-leader
Adam Price – Plaid Cymru leader

Everton of a line up. Why the fuck is Farage on there?