You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

Just now, viRdjil said:

Seriously Rico, quit the obsession over me please. I’m just a regular guy. It’s not a great look.

Oh kid you aren’t, honestly. But keep @ me and asking me questions and I’ll keep reminding you how you completely fucked up,

doubled down and made a dick of yourself.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh kid you aren’t, honestly. But keep @ me and asking me questions and I’ll keep reminding you how you completely fucked up,

doubled down and made a dick of yourself.  

What are you on about? Jesus... you’ve lost the plot bud. Go to bed. You’re embarrassing yourself. lol

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I wouldn't like to share an apple with her. 

You'd be having a picnic with her, gently laughing at each other as the blanket refused to straighten out. Finally, you'd get settled and lie next to each other, propped up on your elbows, giggling at the awkwardness.

She'd reach into the basket, maintaining meaningful eye contact and produce an apple. She'd reach out and offer you the first bite. Nervously you'd take a nibble, her eyes alight with a sort of cold fire. She'd slowly pull the apple back to *those* tombstone teeth and devour half of it in one massive chomp. Winking sensually, she'd suddenly turn with an almost inhuman grace and peg the core at a watching squirrel. Laughing merrily as its eye was taken out, she'd turn back to you and ask, 'so, what next?'

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I for one am shocked that the left-wing Twitterati who think nothing of photoshopping Jo Swinson into an SS uniform thought she had a bad night.

I follow loads of right leaning characters FYI; Dan Hodges, Fraser Nelson, Maajid Nawaz, Iain Dale, Peter Oborne, etc. Here’s a tweet from Iain Dale in relation to the debate tonight. 

I only caught glimpses of the debate so a fair bit of it I'm getting second-hand viewpoints on. I stand to be corrected on everything below.

Specifically, I need to watch the bit where Corbyn talked about Labour's Brexit plan and putting it to another referendum versus Remain. The suggestion based on responses has been that he is sitting on the fence rather than staunchly backing his own party to come away with a deal that will get the approval it needs to pass through the parliamentary process. They are trying to portray him as somebody who has no belief in his own deal. The extension of that point being that if he doesn't believe in the deal he has obtained, why should anyone else. Not unreasonable to see it that way on the face of it.

Would he have been better off saying he will strike a deal, back it to the hilt, but put it up in a referendum for the public to decide? That way he can reclaim the whole "will of the people" schtick away from the right, and claim to have adhered to the whole concept of democracy?

It's what I think he and Labour should have done following the original referendum. A tangible alternative that moves the party away from the loons on the left and particularly the right.

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Do you think she did well? 

I didn't see it, I didn't get home until half eight. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that, in front of an audience that was probably two-thirds Corbynite, she didn't do that badly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Oh man. 

Swinson was fucking awful tonight. No two ways about it.

Expecting your argument back, you have a point in saying that people will still vote Labour despite "Corbyn", and that's fine, I doubt you'll change your vote. But she was still dreadful.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I didn't see it, I didn't get home until half eight. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that, in front of an audience that was probably two-thirds Corbynite, she didn't do that badly.

I haven’t seen it yet either, but I’ve heard a few people who aren’t Corbynites say she was really not good. 

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Swinson was fucking awful tonight. No two ways about it.

Expecting your argument back, you have a point in saying that people will still vote Labour despite "Corbyn", and that's fine, I doubt you'll change your vote. But she was still dreadful.

I thought she did well. All the criticism was about the coalition.