You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

Going against the flow a little bit , but I thought Fiona Bruce was better than I expected & was tricksy with all four of the debaters. To be fair even Andrew Neil would struggle to pin Johnson down once he starts waffling and ignoring the questioner.

Thought Corbyn was better than the other night and came across well and not sure why the neutral stance line on Brexit wasn't pushed in the earlier one as it just sounds better. I would like him to be angrier with cunts like that strange Saffer lad but I assume they have decided that the wider public don't take any notice of the a/s cobblers so it's not worth pointing out the factual errors & just move on to more important stuff.

Wee Jimmy came across quite well although I am not that arsed about Scotland but she will obviously work with Corbyn if it comes to that, so all I hope is she wipes out the Tories in chilly Jocko land.

Don't think Swinson was as bad as suggested here but she was always going to get a hard time with the Article 50 and Coalition stuff easy to pin her down on, and she is also the most inexperienced of the four. Don't like her but hope they also take Tory seats in the south , although the council results last night were a bit worrying on that front.

Johnson was just Johnson , bluffing. blustering and duplicitous , and don't think tonight would lose him any Tory love but might impact on undecideds.

35 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Thought Corbyn was better than the other night and came across well and not sure why the neutral stance line on Brexit wasn't pushed in the earlier one as it just sounds better.

I did hear him use this line a month or two back. Then no time later he seemed to jump into this noncommittal position he was sticking to on Tuesday . Personally, I think it's a crap position. I know why he's doing it, but I struggle to believe labour would be able to negotiate a deal the majority of the country want when most of the cabinet would support stay and we're somehow to buy into it because Corbyn says he'll be neutral. 

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I was out, but based on my twitter timeline Swinson had an absolute mare. Is that the case? Example below...

She was shockingly bad. Hoist by her own petard seeing as she pushed hard for this election thinking she'd ride the wave of their stunning European election 'triumph' (19.5%).

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

BBC news at 10 giving the impression with their editing Johnson did a good job. If you hadn't watched the debate, you'd have been forgiven for thinking he even dealt with the racist language question well. 

The definition of a stitch up that report.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

She was shockingly bad. Hoist by her own petard seeing as she pushed hard for this election thinking she'd ride the wave of their stunning European election 'triumph' (19.5%).

Propping up Cameron's Tory government came back and but her in the arse especially tonight. I do think there was an element prior to the election lots of people didn't realise (be that they'd forgotten or didn't know) she was a part of that government. She's been proper exposed and I would say she's running an election at almost May levels of incompetency.