You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

The question has to be though did either of them win any votes. Personally while I thought Johnson was awful, Corbyn didn't set the world alight either, but he was clearly the better of the two. But they both mostly just played to their base audiences. Johnson "Brexit blah, blah, vote for me or you get him" and Corbyn failed to illustrate why we can't entertain a Johnson government. He was just too nice. He needed to show up Johnson for the lying piece of shit he is. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

The question has to be though did either of them win any votes. Personally while I thought Johnson was awful, Corbyn didn't set the world alight either, but he was clearly the better of the two. But they both mostly just played to their base audiences. Johnson "Brexit blah, blah, vote for me or you get him" and Corbyn failed to illustrate why we can't entertain a Johnson government. He was just too nice. He needed to show up Johnson for the lying piece of shit he is. 

The host started to ask Johnson about his lies and he bullied his way out of it by shouting and changing the subject. he was visibly relieved when it went to a break. That had to have been staged surely. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The host started to ask Johnson about his lies and he bullied his way out of it by shouting and changing the subject. he was visibly relieved when it went to a break. That had to have been staged surely. 

I just think she was shite. Corbyn could have brought it up if he wanted. Look how many times Johnson said Brexit. 

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

The general reaction so far seems to have been one of neither leader doing particularly well.

Lib Dems are probably the winner tonight.  

In what? She will get bullied by Sturgeon in a minute. She is a Tory and so are the Lib-Dems. 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The general reaction so far seems to have been one of neither leader doing particularly well.

Lib Dems are probably the winner tonight.  

I just think it's neutral. Corbyn was clearly best of the 2, but I don't think either of them changed any minds. I feel sure voting intentions have hardly changed. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I just think it's neutral. Corbyn was clearly best of the 2, but I don't think either of them changed any minds. I feel sure voting intentions have hardly changed. 

As someone said previously on this thread, these debates (unless something drastic happens) won't change a thing. I only watched it for the adrenaline rush. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

In what? She will get bullied by Sturgeon in a minute. She is a Tory and so are the Lib-Dems. 

It's a bit like when Darren Fletcher missed the Champions League final against Barcelona, and all summer, United fans talked about him like he was Keane and Viera combined, but then when the new season started he was actually just Darren Fletcher.  

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

It's a bit like when Darren Fletcher missed the Champions League final against Barcelona, and all summer, United fans talked about him like he was Keane and Viera combined, but then when the new season started he was actually just Darren Fletcher.  

Full of shit? Yep spot on. 

• Upvote 1

It's frustrating because there's so much Shit you can throw at the Tories right now.

The most obvious one is to point out that a party with a strap line of Get Brexit Done have failed to deliver Brexit at every turn with 3 different leaders in 3 years all failing to deliver on the referendum result. Sew that seed of doubt! 

I didn't bother to watch it but it sounds every bit as predictable as I expected. On one side you have somebody who is all about bluster, phrase repetition and skirting of issues while offering zero substance, and on the other side you have somebody who can make his points and talk policy while out and about on the campaign trail but struggles to offer substance in these more scrutinised and widely shown situations, and NEVER puts his opponent on the spot when the opportunity is glaringly obvious. It sounds like a wasted exercise and no doubt will be portrayed a certain way by the media - a away which furthers nothing other than the notion that bullshitting to get ahead is the only way this and future generations will make any sort of progress. Might as well teach kids that self-promotion and screwing other people over is all you need. The Etonian Curriculum then.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Just to reiterate.

If people need to watch shite like this to make their mind up on who they are voting for, they should be taken aside at the polling station and shot.

Bollocks to the lot of it.

Bear in mind the same people were asked to vote on whether to leave the EU. The mind boggles.