Quantcast
The Irishman - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rubble-rouser

The Irishman

Got tickets to go & see it tomorrow night. Was going to wait 'til it came on Netflix but fuck it, DeNiro & Scorsese together for almost certainly the last time, had to be done.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Isn't this on Netflix? It is over here, as of the 27th of this month. 

Same across here.

Not the same as going to the pictures to see it though.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Same across here.

Not the same as going to the pictures to see it though.

True, but I refuse to go to watch a film in German when I can see it in original tone. I speak and understand German fluently but a lot of a film is lost in translation, especially dark humour.  They used to do an original tone evening in our main cinema's but the fucked it off for some reason. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck sitting in the pictures for 3 and a half hours. 

Certainly a test of endurance. Strange that such a proclaimed film is straight onto Netflix, probably helped with the budget etc. Release date is a Wednesday, we are involved with a certain sport that evening so it'll be a late night. Although I might watch it during the day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I'll watch it but the duration puts me off a bit. 

Hopefully a good balance of action and dialogue. It'll be a slog and a half if it's a slow burner. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Certainly a test of endurance. Strange that such a proclaimed film is straight onto Netflix, probably helped with the budget etc. Release date is a Wednesday, we are involved with a certain sport that evening so it'll be a late night. Although I might watch it during the day. 

Netflix picked it up after Paramount declined. As far as I know they funded the entire thing. I'm assuming it got a cinema release to qualify for the Oscars?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Mudface said:

Netflix picked it up after Paramount declined. As far as I know they funded the entire thing. I'm assuming it got a cinema release to qualify for the Oscars?

Could be, I didn't know Netflix had funded the whole thing. I expect sue to the acclaim it has already received they'll soon recuperate said money in new subscribers off the back of it and people liking the direction the services are going in. 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Just watch it in two parts.

I'm weird with shit like that. For me to happily watch it in two parts it would have to be released as a two-parter. I'm deffo on the spectrum.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm weird with shit like that. For me to happily watch it in two parts it would have to be released as a two-parter. I'm deffo on the spectrum.

Old news that mate. 

• Upvote 1

It's only on in a few cinemas as Netflix refused a normal release. It's a Netflix film and only getting a small cinema release so it can get some awards. 

Really, really enjoyed that. Did not feel anything like three & a half hours. Other than a couple of CGI/age issues & Stephen Graham's accent it was very fucking good & I'll be watching it again when it comes on Netflix.

Joe Pesci stole the show a bit I thought.

• Upvote 3