You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Irishman

rubble-rouser

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Same across here.

Not the same as going to the pictures to see it though.

True, but I refuse to go to watch a film in German when I can see it in original tone. I speak and understand German fluently but a lot of a film is lost in translation, especially dark humour.  They used to do an original tone evening in our main cinema's but the fucked it off for some reason. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck sitting in the pictures for 3 and a half hours. 

Certainly a test of endurance. Strange that such a proclaimed film is straight onto Netflix, probably helped with the budget etc. Release date is a Wednesday, we are involved with a certain sport that evening so it'll be a late night. Although I might watch it during the day. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Elite said:

I'll watch it but the duration puts me off a bit. 

Hopefully a good balance of action and dialogue. It'll be a slog and a half if it's a slow burner. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Certainly a test of endurance. Strange that such a proclaimed film is straight onto Netflix, probably helped with the budget etc. Release date is a Wednesday, we are involved with a certain sport that evening so it'll be a late night. Although I might watch it during the day. 

Netflix picked it up after Paramount declined. As far as I know they funded the entire thing. I'm assuming it got a cinema release to qualify for the Oscars?

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Mudface said:

Netflix picked it up after Paramount declined. As far as I know they funded the entire thing. I'm assuming it got a cinema release to qualify for the Oscars?

Could be, I didn't know Netflix had funded the whole thing. I expect sue to the acclaim it has already received they'll soon recuperate said money in new subscribers off the back of it and people liking the direction the services are going in. 

Really, really enjoyed that. Did not feel anything like three & a half hours. Other than a couple of CGI/age issues & Stephen Graham's accent it was very fucking good & I'll be watching it again when it comes on Netflix.

Joe Pesci stole the show a bit I thought.

• Upvote 3