You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Ranking the best and worst Liverpool signings of the decade.

TLW

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I think Henderson deserves to be in the conversation... 

He's been a Liverpool player for most of the decade, longer than anybody else currently with us. We've got the most mileage out of his signing. 

He's the only one who will remember what it was like during the dark times under Hodgson.

Before this summer was the only current player to have actually won a medal at the club.

Took massive amounts of stick from the media and our own fans, Rogers tried to fuck him off to Fulham, but he had the determination to stick with us to prove he belonged here.

And of course from his humble beginnings grew to become our European Cup winning captain. 

So...

Worst or best?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

I think Henderson deserves to be in the conversation... 

He's been a Liverpool player for most of the decade, longer than anybody else currently with us. We've got the most mileage out of his signing. 

He's the only one who will remember what it was like during the dark times under Hodgson.

Before this summer was the only current player to have actually won a medal at the club.

Took massive amounts of stick from the media and our own fans, Rogers tried to fuck him off to Fulham, but he had the determination to stick with us to prove he belonged here.

And of course from his humble beginnings grew to become our European Cup winning captain. 

I assume you mean one of our best?

I see the arguments for Benteke and Carroll, but at least they tried on the pitch, and in their own limited way they occasionally had some effect on games.

Balotelli however was as predictable as night following day.  I remember laughing when I heard the rumours because I knew that no Liverpool manager in his right mind would even contemplate Balotelli.  Then the total shock that we had parted with £16 million to sign the stupid cunt.  He had all the talent in the world, just absolutely fuck all between the ears.  We got important goals plus money back at least out of Carroll and Benteke, Balotelli slunk out the door for fuck all.  We couldn't even give the cunt away.

However many other players mentioned here that just weren't the calibre that this club requires, Balotelli was the one that had fans shaking their head in disbelief.  He even under achieved on zero expectations, the total fucking twat.

4 hours ago, scudger99 said:

I see the arguments for Benteke and Carroll, but at least they tried on the pitch, and in their own limited way they occasionally had some effect on games.

Balotelli however was as predictable as night following day.  I remember laughing when I heard the rumours because I knew that no Liverpool manager in his right mind would even contemplate Balotelli.  Then the total shock that we had parted with £16 million to sign the stupid cunt.  He had all the talent in the world, just absolutely fuck all between the ears.  We got important goals plus money back at least out of Carroll and Benteke, Balotelli slunk out the door for fuck all.  We couldn't even give the cunt away.

However many other players mentioned here that just weren't the calibre that this club requires, Balotelli was the one that had fans shaking their head in disbelief.  He even under achieved on zero expectations, the total fucking twat.

He was also probably the worst fit. So much of the good stuff we'd done in the previous years was due to Suarez's workrate and speed of thought. To replace him with someone who is lazy and mentally 10 minutes behind the play was not a recipe for success.

20 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Best for the money VVD

Best for the resale Coutinho

Best for value Robertson.

Worst for the money Aqualani

Worst for the resale Markovic

Worst for value Carroll

Carroll scored the winner against Everton in an FA Cup semi at Wembley and also scored in the final (with goal-line technology he may have scored two and been the hero). He wasn't a good signing by any means, but in terms of value he gave us a lot more than the dozens of other flops I could name.

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

Carroll scored the winner against Everton in an FA Cup semi at Wembley and also scored in the final (with goal-line technology he may have scored two and been the hero). He wasn't a good signing by any means, but in terms of value he gave us a lot more than the dozens of other flops I could name.

Opinions eh Dave. He was unlucky in the final. Not meant to be.

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Luis Alberto was an awful sale. Surely we could have given him games after 13/14 but we just sent him on loan, sold him for peanuts and now he's quite good/worth a lot of money.

See also, Suso. 

And no no cunt can mention Aspas. 

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Not having Suso and Alberto. Italian league is where they both belong.

Suso was given a decent go and wanted to leave anyway. There's not much more that could have been done with him.

But Alberto could have at least been given a chance. We were terrible the year after our title challenge, it's not like we had many obviously better players than him.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Suso was given a decent go and wanted to leave anyway. There's not much more that could have been done with him.

But Alberto could have at least been given a chance. We were terrible the year after our title challenge, it's not like we had many obviously better players than him.

We had quite a lot of slow average players like him