Quantcast
Report: Liverpool keeping tabs on West Brom youngster Jovan Malcolm  - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLW

Report: Liverpool keeping tabs on West Brom youngster Jovan Malcolm 

Liverpool are among a number of clubs are following of progress of exciting  young West Brom striker Jovan Malcolm

The Mirror reports that the 16 year-old is impressing a number of observers with the quality of his play at the U/18 level.

Malcolm has scored seven goals (including four against the Reds) and produced three assists in nine games at the under age level this season.

It was said that Liverpool coaches were ‘blown away’ by the pure footballing talent of Malcolm and want to take advantage of the fact that the youngster cannot sign a professional contract with the Baggies until his turns 17.

Liverpool are not the only Premier League team tracking the exciting talent with Man United, Arsenal and Man City also showing interest.

However, with Jurgen Klopp’s proven record of giving youngsters opportunities, then it stands a good chance that Liverpool will mount a good case for his signature.

The policy of identifying young stars is a smart one as shown by the signing of Harvey Elliott in the summer.

If you wait a further 12-18 months down the line, you could be easily be paying 5-10 times more for the player in this inflated market for home grown players.

One player who Liverpool will have to be shelling out a fair bit of coin for is Jadon Sancho who has also been linked with the Reds again.

image.png

All the big hitters in European football are interested in the Borussia Dortmund and England star.

After Jurgen Klopp poured cold water on the Mbappe link last week, it would be interesting to see how keen we are on this fine talent.

View full article

Just watched the highlights of the u18s 6-3 loss on Saturday, and that kid looked razor sharp. Couple of really nice finishes and a thumping header when he was about four feet off the ground.

Maybe he can be the new Bobby Duncan!

Benteke used  to score regularly against us too........look how that worked out for us. So for me I'm out 

Poundland Sadio Berahino fucker .

I dunno, seems to me if we're going to be buying 16 year old English attackers, Jude Bellingham is the one we should be after.

I'm not going to say he's a can't miss, but he's a can't miss. Going to be a very good player, maybe a great one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• I want the prospective titles. One's in the bag. Another one took a hit in Madrid a few hours back, and is in the balance. These things - and even the FA Cup - are in our hands, not a tribunal's.
    • They didn't retrospectively award the win to the second place finisher in the Tour de France after stripping Armstrong.  So in that case you do want us to claim the trophies?   Melbourne Storm were stripped of two Rugby League titles down here for breaching the salary cap and dodgily paying players through third parties.  Pretty similar to City, although much lower figures.  I don't think the runners up were then awarded the trophy. 
    • Andy Robertson has lit the fuse for what should be an explosive second leg of the Champions League last 16 clash with Atletico Madrid in three weeks time.

A scrappy goal to Saul Niguez in the fourth minute was symbolic of the contest and that suited Atletico to a tee as they were able to slow the pace considerably which naturally frustrated the visitors who failed to register a shot on target throughout the ninety minutes.

There is little doubt Jürgen Klopp would have told his players beforehand not to fall for their playacting and dubious antics, but it is easier said than done in the heat of the battle.

Sadio Mane was taken off at half time for risk of getting a second yellow card while Klopp himself got booked on the touchline.

The straight talking left-back left nobody in any illusions of what he thought of the,home teams’ antics after the game in which Liverpool fell to just their third defeat of the season.

The Mirror reported Robertson as saying:

“The corner just ricocheted, it was tight but onside.   "We gave them the best possible start and that get the fans behind them and then they start falling over and getting under the skin a bit.

“We put in a decent performance and we know we can be better. We've got a second leg to put it right."  

Robertson also picked up on the reactions of the Atletico players after the game and gave them a little word of warning.

“They celebrated as if they won the tie after the game. 

“They are coming to Anfield and we know our fans will be there."

Klopp was absolutely furious with the lack of protection that the Senegal star got on the evening.

“He [Sadio Mane] was targeted. It was clear. They wanted to make sure he got a yellow card.

“It is only half time but you need to be really strong as a referee in this atmosphere. 

“We speak about Anfield and the power a stadium can have, and tonight we saw it. 

“They got a result, the stadium wasn't here to see sensational football, they got the result and so they are happy.

“Already in the first 30 minutes three of their players went to the ground I don't know what for. Nobody to blame.

“I am fine, 1-0 down at half time we have the longest half time break and we will use that. 

“Welcome to Anfield. It is not over yet."
      View full article
    • Oblak gifted us a goal - Mo's touch let him down.   He will be disappointed when he looks back on that.
    • Also, sides with quality in Europe have been able to nullify us pretty easily by playing a flat 4-4-2. Becoming a bit of a trend. 2 goals in 5 matches against Napoli and Atletico, and especially tonight we couldn't make a dent.    Something needs to be done about that but I have no doubt the home game will be different.
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors