You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

41 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched Small Axe on BBC last night, absolutely top quality fresh new drama.

It's a disgrace that Lucas Arts keep remaking the same thing time after time, and that it's done so poorly.

SWU is nothing more than a franchise, all about the cash, not at all about artistic integrity, but hey if cutsie wootsie furry likkle baby Yoda's float your boat then I give up.

Nearly all TV shows and films are about the cash. 

And nearly all popular TV shows and media have characters created to appeal to the market in order to make more money, you aren't clever for noticing it this one time. 

Name a few of your favourite TV show characters and I'll give you a quick and lazy deconstruction of why they are liked. 

The only Star Wars characters I know of are Darth Vader, Yoda and Leia and even I have enjoyed this series, I'm in love with the camerawork and how they make each planet seem unique. The last episode gave me strong fallout vibes fr example, and the artwork at the end of the episodes is brilliant as well, wouldnt mind getting a few of them as prints.

10 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'm no Star Wars fan boy, i just happen to think (like most others, apparently) that The Mandalorian is a hugely entertaining 45 minutes of television, and that is literally all that matters. 

It is, true enough, but the acting is awful, the script clichéd and wooden.

40 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Star Wars is this holy cow, whereby if anybody dare to criticise it then the fan boys get triggered.

If you like that tired and lazy stuff then fair play to you. I just happen to like my drama a little bit more grown up and fresh.

Ah come on man!

It's totally fair to criticize Star Wars. The prequels and the sequels have been (rightly) ripped apart.

*Trekkie biff

40 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'm no Star Wars fan boy, i just happen to think (like most others, apparently) that The Mandalorian is a hugely entertaining 45 minutes of television, and that is literally all that matters. 

It was his comment about Star Wars not having a good film since '77 that hurt the most.

16 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

I like Star Wars because I loved it as a kid. People seem to expect a hell of a lot from a franchise aimed primarily at children

Especially when it is now in the hand of Disney. 

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It is, true enough, but the acting is awful, the script clichéd and wooden.

Absolutely no issue with the script of the acting, personally, but bear in mind it's (albeit loosely) connected to the same kind of dialogue that Alec Guinness rightly said "you can type this shlt but you cant say it", so it's never going to be Glengarry Glen Ross

On 29/11/2020 at 14:28, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've just watched series 1 over the last 2 days.

Tired and cliched writing, appalling wooden acting from characters we do not care about,  piss poor set pieces and action sequences with little or no tension, and not forgetting that likkle cutsie wootsie furry green motnerfucker.

Really, is this the best these businessmen can muster?

Scrap the whole god-damned Star Wars franchise, end it, kill it, they haven't released a half decent film since 1977. It's all about the $$$, artistic integrity zero.

If Disney / Lucas had an ounce of decency they would reinvest their ill gotten scabrous profit into some fresh new drama not solely driven by greed.

A generous 2/10

I haven’t seen it. Out of interest, mate, why would you waste time watching it, if you don’t like Star Wars?

45 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Absolutely no issue with the script of the acting, personally, but bear in mind it's (albeit loosely) connected to the same kind of dialogue that Alec Guinness rightly said "you can type this shlt but you cant say it", so it's never going to be Glengarry Glen Ross

Harrison Ford mate. 
(Geek Alert)

• Upvote 1

Just got caught up with the latest episodes, really enjoying this series, it’s boss. First season was good but definitely feels like a big step up.

I’m not a Star Wars fan-boy in the sense that I’ve never watched Clone Wars or Rebels or anything like that so I’m not familiar with some of the characters but that doesn’t detract from it just being loads of fun to watch.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yeah just finished it now, fucking boss. I can’t wait for the next one, so that in itself is proof that this is really good series.

I want to know how I can be so invested in the future of a little green puppet/CGI creation!!?!?!?
A week seems a long way right now.