Quantcast
The Mandalorian - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

The Mandalorian

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Paul said:

Filoni should be given the same level of creative control over the SWU (is that a thing?) that Kevin Feige has over the MCU. 

He should be it won’t help rid us of the abominable Sequels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just caught up with this week’s episode. Tremendous. Like Juniper, it wasn’t until half way through I realised Biehn was on deck. And I want to marry Rosario Dawson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just caught up with this week’s episode. Tremendous. Like Juniper, it wasn’t until half way through I realised Biehn was on deck. And I want to marry Rosario Dawson.

I don't know how to post the spoiler brackets but theres an easily findable picture of her naked from some movie. Sensational body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched series 1 over the last 2 days.

 

Tired and cliched writing, appalling wooden acting from characters we do not care about,  piss poor set pieces and action sequences with little or no tension, and not forgetting that likkle cutsie wootsie furry green motnerfucker.

 

Really, is this the best these businessmen can muster?

 

Scrap the whole god-damned Star Wars franchise, end it, kill it, they haven't released a half decent film since 1977. It's all about the $$$, artistic integrity zero.

 

If Disney / Lucas had an ounce of decency they would reinvest their ill gotten scabrous profit into some fresh new drama not solely driven by greed.

 

A generous 2/10

 

 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've just watched series 1 over the last 2 days.

 

Tired and cliched writing, appalling wooden acting from characters we do not care about,  piss poor set pieces and action sequences with little or no tension, and not forgetting that likkle cutsie wootsie furry green motnerfucker.

 

Really, is this the best these businessmen can muster?

 

Scrap the whole god-damned Star Wars franchise, end it, kill it, they haven't released a half decent film since 1977. It's all about the $$$, artistic integrity zero.

 

If Disney / Lucas had an ounce of decency they would reinvest their ill gotten scabrous profit into some fresh new drama not solely driven by greed.

 

A generous 2/10

 

 

 I wasn't overly impressed with season 1 but I think season 2 has been a massive step up in every single way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

If you ever see me walking around a Star Wars convention, wearing my Star Trek pyjamas then you have my permission to shoot me.

 

If you walked around a Star Wars convention in Star Trek gear, it probably wouldn't be long before someone shot you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

If you ever see me walking around a Star Wars convention, wearing my Star Trek pyjamas then you have my permission to shoot me.

I’m just going to take that as permission to shoot you if I see you, wherever you are or however your dressed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm abstaining from the rest of the series and saving it all for Chrimbo week when I'm off and there is generally fuck all on the telly and I can watch it then. Same with Star Trek Discovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've just watched series 1 over the last 2 days.

 

Tired and cliched writing, appalling wooden acting from characters we do not care about,  piss poor set pieces and action sequences with little or no tension, and not forgetting that likkle cutsie wootsie furry green motnerfucker.

 

Really, is this the best these businessmen can muster?

 

Scrap the whole god-damned Star Wars franchise, end it, kill it, they haven't released a half decent film since 1977. It's all about the $$$, artistic integrity zero.

 

If Disney / Lucas had an ounce of decency they would reinvest their ill gotten scabrous profit into some fresh new drama not solely driven by greed.

 

A generous 2/10

 

 

I am really disappointed in the amount of wrong in this post.

 

Ruined my day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched The Marshal, honestly every time that likkle cutsie wootsie furry baby Yoda thing is on screen it only serves to undermine any argument that The Mandalorian is anything other than childish whimsey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watched The Marshal, honestly every time that likkle cutsie wootsie furry baby Yoda thing is on screen it only serves to undermine any argument that The Mandalorian is anything other than childish whimsey.

So just like the original film then? 

Anyway, negged for dissing Empire. The greatest Star Wars film of all time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pete said:

So just like the original film then? 

Anyway, negged for dissing Empire. The greatest Star Wars film of all time. 

I watched Small Axe on BBC last night, absolutely top quality fresh new drama.

 

It's a disgrace that Lucas Arts keep remaking the same thing time after time, and that it's done so poorly.

 

SWU is nothing more than a franchise, all about the cash, not at all about artistic integrity, but hey if cutsie wootsie furry likkle baby Yoda's float your boat then I give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it a disgrace? Clearly loads of people are entertained by it, therefore it’s fully justified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Lee Harvey Oswald over here.

Don’t make me put you on the assassination list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Pete said:

So just like the original film then? 

Anyway, negged for dissing Empire. The greatest Star Wars film of all time. 

This is the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Why is it a disgrace? Clearly loads of people are entertained by it, therefore it’s fully justified. 

It's a disgrace in so far that Lucas Arts are content to keep on coining it in, instead of financing fresh new quality drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It's a disgrace in so far that Lucas Arts are content to keep on coining it in, instead of financing fresh new quality drama.

Lucas has fuck all to do with it these days.

 

 SW was pretty much dead as a tangible product on screen until Disney bought it.  It’s Disney that deserves your ire.  They brought it back, they fucked it up. Of the five films they’ve produced since 2015 only 1.5 have felt anything like a SW movie (to me at least).   The Mandalorian actually does feel like Star Wars. Love it or loathe it, it’s very successful and been very well received by fans and critics.  Does it pander to kids? Well sure. It’s a Disney product!!! 
 

If you’re not enjoying it, that’s cool. We can’t all like the same thing, but clearly a lot of folks are enjoying it and whilst the support for it is there I’m sure Disney will continue to produce it and other SW shows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×