You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

• 11 months later...

It’s good this. I just watched this as off work all week isolating. Im not a Star Wars nerd usually but like most people in their 40s I enjoyed the films when I was a kid. I haven’t seen much of the new films as the first two prequels put me off watching any of it. Very good in its own right this though. Like watching a western. The music is great too. Grogu has captured my heart. I might even watch some of the other stuff!

• 1 year later...

Just watching the lastest episode, The Foundling, and it just typifies the whole series and the entire Star Wars neverending cash-in saga, ie it's fucking shite.

It's Michael Bentine and his Diddy Men with computer graphics. Just horrible.

Grown men going gooey eyed over lickle Grogu, embarrassing. What next? Having a wank to The Muppets?

0/10

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watching the lastest episode, The Foundling, and it just typifies the whole series and the entire Star Wars neverending cash-in saga, ie it's fucking shite.

Grown men going gooey eyed over lickle Grogu, embarrassing. What next? Having a wank to The Muppets?

0/10

That episode was poor in fairness. A lot of fannying about with a shite plot and crap dialogue. Worst episode out of the entire show.

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

0/10

Janice from the Electric Mayhem is fit, you bastard.

They didn’t help themselves by rejoining Grogu with Din in the Book of Boba so soon from the end of Season 2. And having a two year break to season 3.

There’s a lot of talk that Kathleen Kennedy and Disney have forced this rejoining of Grogu and Din back into the story so soon for merchandise sales as Disney is tanking in terms of money making. They’ve handled Lucasfilm really badly since buying it, and KK has a lot to do with that. 

The storyline makes a lot of sense as it needs to link in to the shite that is the Sequel Trilogy (“Somehow Palpatine came back”) and as it’s called The Mandalorian, you need to give a back story to them and their culture as there will be a lot of people who don’t know who they are and what they fit into the overall Star Wars picture.

Bo-Katan was a character who has been carried over from The Clone Wars and Rebels (where she possessed the Dark-Saber) so she’s quite important to this timeline.

It’s sound, but understand people being fucked off with it. It’s better than Book of Boba and Obi-Wan though. 

12 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

They didn’t help themselves by rejoining Grogu with Din in the Book of Boba so soon from the end of Season 2. And having a two year break to season 3.

There’s a lot of talk that Kathleen Kennedy and Disney have forced this rejoining of Grogu and Din back into the story so soon for merchandise sales as Disney is tanking in terms of money making. They’ve handled Lucasfilm really badly since buying it, and KK has a lot to do with that. 

The storyline makes a lot of sense as it needs to link in to the shite that is the Sequel Trilogy (“Somehow Palpatine came back”) and as it’s called The Mandalorian, you need to give a back story to them and their culture as there will be a lot of people who don’t know who they are and what they fit into the overall Star Wars picture.

Bo-Katan was a character who has been carried over from The Clone Wars and Rebels (where she possessed the Dark-Saber) so she’s quite important to this timeline.

It’s sound, but understand people being fucked off with it. It’s better than Book of Boba and Obi-Wan though. 

I can totally see this.  That story finished with Grogu off to Luke's. Him returning leaves the question where was he in the sequels (which they are now trying to fix in this and in The Bad Batch). 

I always get the impression that Disney bought Lucasfilm 'because they could' but had and still have no idea what to do with it.    

32 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Fucking Grogu, I'd drop a brick on his head and fart in his face.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

I can totally see this.  That story finished with Grogu off to Luke's. Him returning leaves the question where was he in the sequels (which they are now trying to fix in this and in The Bad Batch). 

I always get the impression that Disney bought Lucasfilm 'because they could' but had and still have no idea what to do with it.    

The Bad Batch story has been quality. Some filler of course, but overall, the filling of the timeline of the transition from Clones to Stormtroopers has been ace. Especially Crosshairs arc. 

Disney, and Kennedy in particular thought they could just do remakes, hence them getting in JJ Abrams in and fucking George’s sequel trilogy off. 

This (for Star Wars fans) covers all that bollocks. 

• Upvote 2

The first, third and forth episodes had a nice set piece or two but ultimately filler.

The second episode was good.

I don't know where this season is going. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again - all thee Disney / Marvel TV shows should just have been straight to Disney Plus movie exclusives. 2.5 hours of excitement, drop the other >2.5 hours of pointless filler. That guy who re-cut Obi-Wan had the right idea.

The structure of this season isn't massively different to previous seasons, the first half always has fetch quest/monster of the week episodes before it transitions into the more substantial story in the second half.

By the time they wheel out Luke, Ashoka, Thrawn etc you've forgotten all about the fighting a wooly rhino to get an egg for Jawa's or saving a village from raiders with an AT ST episodes.

Have to see if this follows suit.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

boba fett was almost heroically shite

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

The structure of this season isn't massively different to previous seasons, the first half always has fetch quest/monster of the week episodes before it transitions into the more substantial story in the second half.

By the time they wheel out Luke, Ashoka, Thrawn etc you've forgotten all about the fighting a wooly rhino to get an egg for Jawa's or saving a village from raiders with an AT ST episodes.

Have to see if this follows suit.

There was a point to the Jawa's and the egg though - didn't he need their help to fix his ship? It moved the story along and got a great et piece out of it.

The set pieces so far seem to have no purpose or story development. Only episode 2 has actually offered anything so far. It might all tie back together come the end, it doesn't feel like it at the moment.