You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Think that should be it with this show now. It’s a shame they had to take some of the best episodes out to pad that BOBF abomination out but still a decent enough series.

SPOILER

Did they explain where the beskar came from in the shuttle from where Moff Gideon was rescued from? 

Don't think so.

A few of the plotlines went nowhere really. I didn't get the former scientist stuff having his brain wiped, or the pirates getting shot up and then the mandalorians getting a farm.

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Think that should be it with this show now. It’s a shame they had to take some of the best episodes out to pad that BOBF abomination out but still a decent enough series.

SPOILER

Did they explain where the beskar came from in the shuttle from where Moff Gideon was rescued from? 

It was presumed it came from Gideon's Beskar wearing troopers.
As for the season itself, I enjoyed it.  Nothing will top the S2 finale. (Fake) Luke Skywalker chopping down and force choking Dark troopers will not be topped but overall despite a few flaws I feel they pulled it all together by the end.  

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don't think so.

A few of the plotlines went nowhere really. I didn't get the former scientist stuff having his brain wiped, or the pirates getting shot up and then the mandalorians getting a farm.

Pershing knew what Gideon was up to and was a risk to his plans.
The Pirates were employed by Gideon to mess up Nevarro.
The Mando (& Grogu) are now the A team of the SW universe. 

I really liked the last couple of episodes, plus a couple of earlier ones. I think it was thrown by having at least 2 episode forced into the BOBF instead of this series. 

Spoiler:

When they are surrounded by fire but the force is keeping them all save is a brilliant scene, IMO.

• Upvote 1

The TV shows are still very watchable and miles better than the shite churned out in The Last Jedi and the prequels. It's just that this season wasn't up to the previous standards. 

Anyone who's watched Rebels, what's the depiction of Thrawn like? I've heard it's a bit out of character (in that he's occasionally shown to be cruel), whereas Zhan's Thrawn wasn't, he was kind of like Sherlock Holmes. 

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The TV shows are still very watchable and miles better than the shite churned out in The Last Jedi and the prequels. It's just that this season wasn't up to the previous standards. 

I wonder if opinions would change if the end of season 2 didn't have a slightly derpy looking Luke appear.

Although it did also have Ashoka.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Don't think so.

When they made a point of the beskar being in the shuttle I thought it would lead to it being a mando who’d gone rogue and rescued him but it went nowhere 

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

When they made a point of the beskar being in the shuttle I thought it would lead to it being a mando who’d gone rogue and rescued him but it went nowhere 

It was an intentional misdirect, even up to the point where it obviously wasn't what they were doing I had the Armorer down to turn on the Mandalorians and side with Gideon.

When she doesn't then it's clear that Gideon's troopers were who broke him out.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I really liked the last couple of episodes, plus a couple of earlier ones. I think it was thrown by having at least 2 episode forced into the BOBF instead of this series. 

Spoiler:

When they are surrounded by fire but the force is keeping them all save is a brilliant scene, IMO.

Big nod to Kanan Jarus that. 

• Upvote 2

In short it they massively fucked the whole season up.

So much Mandalorian history that they’ve casually talked about in a few conversations lasting a few minutes. The Dark Saber, was a curse to the Mandalorian people, and the right thing is to have it destroyed, but like everything else they handled it poorly.

Visually in parts it looked great, but plot and writing was the pits. 

Lots of work to make Season 4 worthwhile. 

Grogu will defo be riding the Mythosaur (he spoke to it with the force) in the Filoni film. 

16 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

In short it they massively fucked the whole season up.

So much Mandalorian history that they’ve casually talked about in a few conversations lasting a few minutes. The Dark Saber, was a curse to the Mandalorian people, and the right thing is to have it destroyed, but like everything else they handled it poorly.

Visually in parts it looked great, but plot and writing was the pits. 

Lots of work to make Season 4 worthwhile. 

Grogu will defo be riding the Mythosaur (he spoke to it with the force) in the Filoni film. 

Isn't that every Star Wars film barring The Empire Strikes Back?